What's new

CFE bootloader update

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you may use quoted procedure on stock firmware.

First post includes utilities for RT-N66U only.

Can not find the following content in the RT-AC56U_1.0.1.9_us.bin file

regulation_domain
regulation_domain_5G

as discribed in the description from hggomes. What is wrong?

Questions: I have RT-N66R for the US will the 1.0.1.9 update work? How can I check my hardware revision for this router?

See the box and search for B1 or B2 revision.

If B1 then you are set to go, if B2 then please upload your CFE to compare it with B1 since i never seen a B2 CFE so far.

Thank you in advance

US CFE Benefits?

Hi Guys,

is there any benefits if i flash US CFE.

Now i have 1.0.1.4 EU but if i flash 1.0.1.9 US can i get something more like channels, more transmit power and more..?

Thanks in advance.

See the box and search for B1 or B2 revision.

If B1 then you are set to go, if B2 then please upload your CFE to compare it with B1 since i never seen a B2 CFE so far.

Thank you in advance

I'm pretty sure I don't have the box anymore. My original router died and Asus replaced it with this one. Is there any other way to determine the revision?

I'm pretty sure I don't have the box anymore. My original router died and Asus replaced it with this one. Is there any other way to determine the revision?

Look on the back of the router, it will say what revision it is.

Exactly, it will be easy to identify it.

Search the label on the back/botton of the router by H/W Ver: "A/B1/B2"

Search the label on the back/botton of the router by H/W Ver: "A/B1/B2"

Again there is nothing on the router that says what hardware version it is. The only sticker that is on it has the model number I posted earlier. Is there another way to determine the hardware version it is?

Last edited:
Yes, opening it, you will loose your warranty.

Hey ryzhov_al,

I did the initial CFE upgrade on my router (the version from 1.0.1.2 > 1.0.1.3 for 64 kb nvram mod), and I have recently come to find out that it omits the vlan1ports line from the nvram.

I don't have my CFE.bin file anymore (unfortunately, lost it in a hard drive crash).

What would be the best way for me to update to your revised CFE script? Can I pull the CFE from another router (same model)?

Router in question:
US RT-N66U Hardware Ver 3.00
Original CFE 1.0.1.2

Last edited:
I did the initial CFE upgrade on my router (the version from 1.0.1.2 > 1.0.1.3 for 64 kb nvram mod), and I have recently come to find out that it omits the vlan1ports line from the nvram.

I don't have my CFE.bin file anymore (unfortunately, lost it in a hard drive crash).

What would be the best way for me to update to your revised CFE script? Can I pull the CFE from another router (same model)?
Yes, you may take new CFE form this collection, kindly provided by hggomes. Just don't forget to put MAC addresses into CFE image before flashing it.

Yes it does.

Thanks for your script.
Used it a second time, now to go from 1.0.1.4 (EU) to 1.0.1.9 (EU)
Not because it's needed but just because it can. :D

All seems to work fine.

Could overclocking improve the usb hdd transfer speed?

It looks it made a HUGE difference to me. I went from 16MB/s to 19MB/s read, and from 9MB/s to 12MB/s right. :D
This is with a 10% overclock (from 600 to 660MHz).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!