What's new

Changing VLAN ID (IPTV / LAN)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Korumera

Occasional Visitor
Hiya,

Got a question i'm trying to get my fiber connection to work with my AC87U but when trying to change the VLAN ID at IPTV > LAN it won't change so it won't make a connection. I can see that it hasn't change at the tools page WAN still says ID 2.

If tried it also with dd-wrt but changing the vlan makes the device unreachable. Is there a way to change the VLAN of the WAN port?

Thanks in advance.

you should try to use robocfg and try to change vlan settings

Okay

I'll give that a try. It won't connect to my provider if i change it, but i know i can change some things with it . The port should be VLAN 6 (and i think it should be tagged).

myself is using vlan6 for tagged packets because I have IPTV and it needs specific configuration, all my config commands are in startup file and after reboot it just loads all them.

Okay

VLAN 6 is for internet and VLAN 4 is for IPTV (with my provider). VLAN 6 enters the router tagged (and makes a connection) and port 4 should be untagged.

So i thing something like

robocfg vlan 6 ports "0t 7t" (7 should be the CPU).

did u tried to use IPTV section in WEB interface? there is internet and vlan section for IPTV and VOIP.

my config:
1: vlan1: 1 2 8t
2: vlan2: 0 8u
6: vlan6: 0t 3 4 8t

vlan1 internet, vlan2 lan, vlan 6 is iptv and basically I just added vlan6 and made that it would work on 2 ports
other stuff is by default

did u tried to use IPTV section in WEB interface? there is internet and vlan section for IPTV and VOIP.

my config:
1: vlan1: 1 2 8t
2: vlan2: 0 8u
6: vlan6: 0t 3 4 8t

vlan1 internet, vlan2 lan, vlan 6 is iptv and basically I just added vlan6 and made that it would work on 2 ports
other stuff is by default

I've tried that at LAN > IPTV, but when I change the VLAN ID of internet it won't change (at the tools page you still see WAN 2) the other VOIP and IPTV do change.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!