What's new

channel problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sharpcroft

New Around Here
Hi all, newly registered but long term lurker.
I have a strange problem, ive set my router to channel 11 as its the best of a bad bunch around where i live but when i do a scan with inssider or network stumbler it shows im using channel 1, is this an inssider error or am i missing something?
Screen captures attached.

Sharpcroft

Attachments

• router settings.jpg
    router settings.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 530
  • inssider.jpg
    inssider.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 263
You shouldn't be using 20/40MHz channel bandwidth as it'll use up of more of an already crowded frequency. Interference will likely prohibit you from getting decently high throughput anyway, plus you'll be interfering with others' networks in the area.

You should switch to use just 20MHz only, and use 20/40 on the 5GHz band for higher throughput. Assuming nothing is seriously wrong, you should also see your router pop up on channel 11 as expected. Although, according to inSSIDer, channel 1 is a much clearer channel, unless you've cut off parts of it?

I actually had the same issue til I reset the router to factory default (cleared nvram) then I was able to set the channel and inssider showed it correctly.