What's new

Cisco NEW Perpetual Licenses for the Catalyst 1200 and 1300 Switches

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

coxhaus

Part of the Furniture
I just found out this. Too bad I just bought my third Cisco switch. These switches are going to be faster than what I bought.
"
Cisco has refreshed its small business switch range, giving the world the Catalyst 1200 and 1300 series devices.…

Both ranges ship with a dual-core Arm CPU that runs at 1.4GHz and 1GB of DDR memory – twice the speed and four times the memory of the last lot of Catalysts for small businesses"

Both ranges ship with a dual-core Arm CPU that runs at 1.4GHz and 1GB of DDR memory – twice the speed and four times the memory of the last lot of Catalysts for small businesses"

It's a switch - one would expect all ports to be non-blocking, so any "speed and memory" is just marketeering...

Being dual-corfe ARM @ 1.4GHz, it's not a lot of value add...

It's a switch - one would expect all ports to be non-blocking, so any "speed and memory" is just marketeering...

Being dual-corfe ARM @ 1.4GHz, it's not a lot of value add...
It is if you are doing layer 3 stuff, maybe voice queues in QoS and come into play on larger networks. My guess is they will be snappier in small networks.

It is if you are doing layer 3 stuff, maybe voice queues in QoS and come into play on larger networks. My guess is they will be snappier in small networks.

Let us know once you get it installed and running - hear that while linux based, pretty much all of the ios commands are implemented...

Let us know once you get it installed and running - hear that while linux based, pretty much all of the ios commands are implemented...
No, I just bought a Cisco CBS350 POE switch a few months ago so I won't be upgrading any time soon.