What's new

Cisco SG200-26 - Can't view web interface

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

somebody19

Occasional Visitor
Hi there, recently bought an SG200-26 switch and hooked it up to my wireless router. The internet is fine and all, but I am not able to enter the web based interface to configure the switch.

What I did was go to cmd/ipconfig, checked what the default gateway is, and put that address as the web URL... but obviously that didn't pan out and I am not able to access my switch, or router at all.

What am I doing wrong and how can I fix this? Any help is much appreciated!

Hi there, recently bought an SG200-26 switch and hooked it up to my wireless router. The internet is fine and all, but I am not able to enter the web based interface to configure the switch.

What I did was go to cmd/ipconfig, checked what the default gateway is, and put that address as the web URL... but obviously that didn't pan out and I am not able to access my switch, or router at all.

What am I doing wrong and how can I fix this? Any help is much appreciated!

The "ipconifg" gateway is probably your router. Instead look in your router's DHCP client table for the IP Address the switch grabbed and use that instead.

Look at the power LED on the switch.

Is it blinking or just statically on?

If it is blinking, the switch has not received a DHCP address from the router and can be accessed at 192.168.1.254.

If it is not blinking, it has received a DHCP address. In this case, try checking the DHCP lease from the router and match it to the switch MAC ID.

Alternatively, disconnect everything except the switch and your computer from the router (including wifi devices). Reboot (power cycle) the router and then check the DHCP leases. There should be 2 leases - one is your computer and the other will be the switch.