What's new

conduit or not?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

At 38 cents each plus no more than ten seconds to install they are more than worth it in preventing an easily avoidable problem.

At 38 cents each plus no more than ten seconds to install they are more than worth it in preventing an easily avoidable problem.
Yes, I wasn't sure what they were so I googled them and watched how they were installed and I agree. I will be using many of them..Thanks !!

Yes, I wasn't sure what they were so I googled them and watched how they were installed and I agree. I will be using many of them..Thanks !!
Any updates on this?
If you do conduit, use the boxes that allow the conduit to be attached (runs directly into the wallbox) if not make sure to remove the pinch tabs on the blue electrical boxes, as those are the worst to try and get cable through. If you do free floating, remove tabs from the high voltage boxes, or use the open backed low voltage ones. ( I say this as an installer who has had to break a hole in the backside of the pinch tabs of regular electrical wall boxes. Very frustrating and risky)

One last word of advice. Make sure the dry wallers do NOT just cover up the wall boxes!!
I has run two coax outlets with dual coax per room, and they drywalled over all but the living room ones. The customer contacted me that they were ready to install their TV service after the home was finished, and low and behold, all the coax I had pre installed was gone. Well it was there behind the drywall somewhere!!

Well it was there behind the drywall somewhere!!
RF cable tracer!

Router to cut the hole.

Install faceplate.

Any updates on this?
If you do conduit, use the boxes that allow the conduit to be attached (runs directly into the wallbox) if not make sure to remove the pinch tabs on the blue electrical boxes, as those are the worst to try and get cable through. If you do free floating, remove tabs from the high voltage boxes, or use the open backed low voltage ones. ( I say this as an installer who has had to break a hole in the backside of the pinch tabs of regular electrical wall boxes. Very frustrating and risky)

One last word of advice. Make sure the drywallers do NOT just cover up the wall boxes!!
I has run two coax outlets with dual coax per room, and they drywalled over all but the living room ones. The customer contacted me that they were ready to install their TV service after the home was finished, and low and behold, all the coax I had pre installed was gone. Well it was there behind the drywall somewhere!!
I've had smurf tubing run to all locations with the tubing going into the blue boxes. All the smurf tubing is run above the ceilings, with the exceptions of when it has to run down the wall to the boxes so I won't have any issues with the drywallers putting any screws into the runs. I plan to be at the house when the drywallers are there due to some special custom stuff I am having done so they won't cover any boxes !!.......lol

Everything is done and once the drywall is installed I will have to terminate all the cat6 runs and I should be good.

Thanks for checking back !

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!