What's new

Confused about the 68U and 68P in router ranker

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lola

Regular Contributor
In the router ranker the Asus AC68U seems to be #1 in practically every category and the 68P isn't even mentioned. Is the 68P not considered in the rankings are what. Is the ranker correct?

In the router ranker the Asus AC68U seems to be #1 in practically every category and the 68P isn't even mentioned. Is the 68P not considered in the rankings are what. Is the ranker correct?

AFAIK, the -P simply has a faster CPU.

Has anyone noticed that Amazon has raised the prices on ALL routers within the last couple weeks?
I guess they're getting ready for Black Fri :D:rolleyes:

There were some testing differences in range in one of the "retests", I think, with the "original" 800 Mhz "U" router doing slightly better than the 1 GHz "P" router. But I think they all are coming with the 1 GHz processor now, at least in the US.

But one has to wonder if some of the subtle differences are just normal variations, i.e. - if you test 10 different routers of the same revision, what would the performance spread be?

I've seen Asus routers drop in price these past few weeks on NCIX Canada.

Looking at that data it would appear I was wrong, however those dates don't always correspond to a week, however I was only looking at the Asus RT-AC1900P, https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_15?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=asus+rt-ac1900p&sprefix=Asus+RT-AC1900P,aps,428&crid=B66U1XKY7U75 which was listed over a week ago at $15?.??, now $180.00.

My wording should have been towards the single router I was looking at, the RT-AC1900P and NOT to routers as a whole. I apologize for delivering bad information to the group based on what the camel said.

There were some testing differences in range in one of the "retests", I think, with the "original" 800 Mhz "U" router doing slightly better than the 1 GHz "P" router. But I think they all are coming with the 1 GHz processor now, at least in the US.

But one has to wonder if some of the subtle differences are just normal variations, i.e. - if you test 10 different routers of the same revision, what would the performance spread be?

Good question, I would think the 1 GHz ones would be better, but what I gather from the router ranker it's not that way, also I hadn't heard that the AC68U is now coming with a a 1GHz processor, when did that happen?

It's sometimes very hard to decipher tests or statements when they are not dated, that really IRK's me:eek::D.