What's new

Connection to: milla.nas-admin.org at start-up?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gauteh

New Around Here
Hi, I noticed through netstat -a that my Asus RT-N66U connects to milla.nas-admin.org at start-up, does anyone know why this happens and what the purpose is?

Additionally, through diagnostics with netstat and lsof I figured out that /usr/sbin/networkmap connects to :www of my main internet router (the rt-n66u is in repeater mode) and consequently blocks it's admin interface.

This is using Asuswrt-Merlin 380.61-0.

Hi, I noticed through netstat -a that my Asus RT-N66U connects to milla.nas-admin.org at start-up, does anyone know why this happens and what the purpose is?

That's the software repository (Optware) Asus uses for their Download Master package and its dependencies. It's probably checking for the presence of updated versions of its packages.

Additionally, through diagnostics with netstat and lsof I figured out that /usr/sbin/networkmap connects to :www of my main internet router (the rt-n66u is in repeater mode) and consequently blocks it's admin interface

Networkmap will scan the LAN, and will try to access various known ports to determine available services (file sharing, web interface, etc...). The connection should normally close itself after a while, unless something is buggy with the modem's web server.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!