What's new

ddns request error, please try again

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gravityz

today i noticed that at 02:00 something happened with my wan connection(probably a provider issue)

i see this in the log among with the usual link up/down messages

Mar 13 02:38:27 kernel: *** ERROR: [udb_shell_mod_exit:668] Udb static = 0, dynamic = 24

when i check ddns i see the bell sign
when clicking on it this message appears
request error, please try again

at the moment wan connection is working again but it seems that ddns is not reset again to working state
i will do a reboot to see if it fixes things but it needs to reset by itself otherwise my location will be unreachable from outside when this happens despite the fact that wan is restored and working

today i noticed that at 02:00 something happened with my wan connection(probably a provider issue)

i see this in the log among with the usual link up/down messages

Mar 13 02:38:27 kernel: *** ERROR: [udb_shell_mod_exit:668] Udb static = 0, dynamic = 24

when i check ddns i see the bell sign
when clicking on it this message appears
request error, please try again

at the moment wan connection is working again but it seems that ddns is not reset again to working state
i will do a reboot to see if it fixes things but it needs to reset by itself otherwise my location will be unreachable from outside when this happens despite the fact that wan is restored and working
Which router is having the problem? What DDNS provider are you using? Have you upgraded the firmware to 388.6_2?

rt-ax88u
currently running 388.6
i recently switched dns settings on the wan page
i was using opendns 208.67.220.220
i am now using cloudfare 1.1.1.1 because it hase lower latency

Firefox with Quad9 has been wonky lately, with some sites not opening including this one.
A minute later and it works?
Micron Update web sites and a few others, MacRumors. It appears to be just certain sites.
I expect this is due to bad Nation State actions.

rt-ax88u
currently running 388.6
i recently switched dns settings on the wan page
i was using opendns 208.67.220.220
i am now using cloudfare 1.1.1.1 because it hase lower latency
I ran OpenDNS recently but had problems getting to legitimate URL's. Ran Quad9 for a while but experienced the reported lags. Have now gone to CloudFlare Security (1.1.1.2 and 1.0.0.2). No runs, drips or errors!

I ran OpenDNS recently but had problems getting to legitimate URL's. Ran Quad9 for a while but experienced the reported lags. Have now gone to CloudFlare Security (1.1.1.2 and 1.0.0.2). No runs, drips or errors!
Any theories?

DNS error 03.13.2024.JPG

DNS SNB fail 03.13.2024.JPG

Last edited: