What's new

Detect Abnormal Logins at...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rdsouza

New Around Here
When I bought the RT-AC68P, I set it up and upgraded firmware to 3.0.0.4.376_3626. I have noticed that the system log constantly says " Detect abnormal logins at...". The IP address it complains about is the IP of my desktop pc. Does anyone know what might be causing this? I also noticed that this causes the desktop pc to wake up when I try to put it in sleep mode.

When I bought the RT-AC68P, I set it up and upgraded firmware to 3.0.0.4.376_3626. I have noticed that the system log constantly says " Detect abnormal logins at...". The IP address it complains about is the IP of my desktop pc. Does anyone know what might be causing this? I also noticed that this causes the desktop pc to wake up when I try to put it in sleep mode.

It means you have something on your desktop scanning port 80 on either your entire LAN, or at least the router itself. The router will log such connection access to its webui interface.

So this is caused by something running on your desktop.

It means you have something on your desktop scanning port 80 on either your entire LAN, or at least the router itself. The router will log such connection access to its webui interface.

So this is caused by something running on your desktop.

Thank you for your quick response... Is there a way to find out what might be scanning port 80? Is there any tool available?

Thank you for your quick response... Is there a way to find out what might be scanning port 80? Is there any tool available?

Not really, you will have to review what's running on your PC. Could be a network security scanner, for instance.

Issue fixed! It was the updated driver for the NIC. I noticed that the Wake on Lan was set to "Wake on Magic Packet and Directed". I changed it to "Wake on Magic" and that fixed it!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!