What's new

Did the bandwidth limiter change?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

shooter40sw

I guys I just noticed that the bandwith limiter kind of changed, I had a range of IPs in the bandwidth limiter 192.168.1.100-192.168.1.110 so the WiFi there could go at a lower speed, but that changed and I dont know on what firmware but It was not working, I had to place just one of them separate selecting the tablet on its own and not the range... has something changed?
Thanks

not sure? are you saying you use to be able to limit a ip range of clients that were to give manual ips? and it use to limit them and now it dont limit that range? I honestly never Limit clients by ip, When I use it and tested it, I only Limited clients via mac address which it always worked under?

I'm on 380.59 and have to enter and set limits for each device. Not a huge deal for my home network as there are limited users I have to control with this feature; however, I could see this as a pain and limitation in a bigger environment.

not sure? are you saying you use to be able to limit a ip range of clients that were to give manual ips? and it use to limit them and now it dont limit that range? I honestly never Limit clients by ip, When I use it and tested it, I only Limited clients via mac address which it always worked under?
Not sure in what firmware this was enabled the fiesta time, I remember that I could specify a IP range that I had in the DHCP, and it worked, I did not notice that it was not working anymore, So I had to go the manual way, no big deal but it was working sometime ago. thanks