What's new

Disappointed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Danish

Occasional Visitor
I have had this router for about 6 months now and I must say, I'm disappointed. I bought this router expecting not to run into any problems or anything because It's Asus. Since I received it i've been in a constant battle with the firmware.

I'm currently in a bad place because i stream content to my xbox heavily so I have to be on 4.354, but at the same time my 5gHz network is constantly running into problems with my other devices (smartphones, laptops, tablets). I've been waiting for a stable .354 release for a few months now.

Smh Asus

.....or RMerlin's custom firmware. I've been running a RT-N66U for more than 6 months and once I put RMerlin's custom firmware on it, it's run better than on stock firmware. I never had an issue with the ASUS stock firmware, though I switched to the RMerlin build pretty early into its use.

I have until recently been using Merlin's fw. But the newest release hasn't been working well for me at all

I have until recently been using Merlin's fw. But the newest release hasn't been working well for me at all

The latest release is based on a beta released by Asus , so I'm not surprised there are bugs, Merlin's version is still in beta also because of this.

Merlin has stated that until they release a stable version with fixed wifi which he can then update with his fixes/changes, RT-N66U users should stick with version 270.26.

This is the best router I have ever had, no problems with wifi on both bands and I am using merlins first 354 beta.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!