What's new

DNS filter and IPv6?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

netmik3

I have an ac3200 and I want dns filtering. I have it set to router and router uses custom opendns, not isp.

Same with ipv6, custom opendns. But dns filter only allows ipv4. So no ipv6 dns traffic is let through. Is there a remedy? Thanks.

While I know this is an old thread, I have a similar problem still today. While the end DNS filtering sites claim IPv6 support, when DNS filtering and IPv6 support are enabled, I tend to see problems with IPv6 devices joining the network. I am able to run a fully IPv6 network up until the point that I enable DNS filtering. Has anyone else run into, or solved this problem?

I am running RT-AC66U, firmware 380.61_2 and the IPv6 I am required to use is 6RD since my internet provider still does not support native IPv6.

Thank you.

Last edited:
You need a DNSFilter service that supports IPv6. Of the list of supported providers, only one of them does (Yandex). The others are IPv4-only.