What's new

Drop of signal strength on the 5 GHz-band

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mikeg

I have ususlly a signal stregth of about -22 dBm on the 5 GHz-band on my
RT-AC66U on Merlins f/w .20. Yesterday I noticed a drop of the signal strength
of about -20 dBm on this band. In the routers syslog this messages appeared :
Nov 25 18:06:19 kernel: wlc_dump_aggfifo:
Nov 25 18:06:19 kernel: framerdy 0x10 bmccmd 4 framecnt 1
Nov 25 18:06:19 kernel: AQM agg params 0xfc0 maxlen hi/lo 0x0 0xffff minlen 0x0 adjlen 0x4
Nov 25 18:06:19 kernel: AQM agg results 0x8000 len hi/lo: 0x0 0x0 BAbitmap(0-3) 0 0 0 0

My pc is 2 meters distance from the router , in the same room and I have double checked that I have the latest driver on my built in wireless card on my Dell Inspiron 1720. In the Win 7 I sometimes get a connection of 135 Mbit/s and
sometimes 270 Mbit/s. On my backup router a TP-Link WDR4300 I always connect with 270 Mbit/s on the 5 GHz-band.

Anyone with the same problem ?

I powered off the Asus and lwft it for a couple hours , when I powered it on again I got normal signal strength again....

Seems no one else has this proble. I updated the f/w to Merlins .21 and could connect with 270 Mbits which dropped to 135 Mbits the second time I
connected. Still get this drops of signal strength but after a time period of several hours the signal strength is normal again, No error messages in the syslog either. Waiting for ansers from Asus and perhaps the new Broadcom drivers will solve my problem.....

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!