What's new

DS214se Vs DS212J/13J

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

iwod

Regular Contributor
Unless the retail price of DS214SE is going to be even lower then $160. I bought my 212J nearly two years ago at price of around $180.

And to me it will offer everything the 214se does and still faster, ( More Ram, Faster Processor ).

Why would anyone want a 214se then?

I don't understand your point... Both have 256MB of ram, of course the DDR3 in the newer model will be faster then the DDR2 in your current NAS.

Do you have comparison data between the Marvel 88F6281 and Armada 370 processors, or are you basing your assumption that you have a faster processor on the clock speed? With that logic the Pentium 4 processors should be faster then current intel offerings which have a lower clock speed but in reality run circles around older models.

It's an entry level model at a lower price point then they ever had, so I would not assume it will be super fast compared to previous models, but looking at the bench marks in the review it definitely looks quite a bit faster then my 211j.