What's new

DS220+ not working using TPLINK ER605 and ASUS TUF AX4200

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nelvash606

Occasional Visitor
Hello friends,

I recently changed my network setup, I added TPLINK ER605 for dual WAN feature and load balancing, my NAS is connected to the asus router via the dual link aggregated ports, then asus router connected to the tplink er605 where my ISP1 & ISP 2 are connected, my PC meanwhile is connected to my asus router.

Unfortunately, using this setup my NAS cannot be detected anymore, I think I need to setup port forwarding on my ASUS router but not quite sure with the settings I need to input.

Hope you can suggest a solution, thank you in advance.

Hello friends,

I recently changed my network setup, I added TPLINK ER605 for dual WAN feature and load balancing, my NAS is connected to the asus router via the dual link aggregated ports, then asus router connected to the tplink er605 where my ISP1 & ISP 2 are connected, my PC meanwhile is connected to my asus router.

Unfortunately, using this setup my NAS cannot be detected anymore, I think I need to setup port forwarding on my ASUS router but not quite sure with the settings I need to input.

Hope you can suggest a solution, thank you in advance.
OK, lets get some thinks straight. You have the DS220+ LAN1 and LAN2 in a Bonded configuration connected to two LAN ports on the Asus router? Link aggregation on the Asus router should not be enabled. You can read up on the best way to connect the DS220+ and in your instance Bonded LAN ports may not be the way. My DS220+ is in a Bonded config with LAN1 port connected to the Asus router and LAN2 port connected to a GB switch which is connected to the router.

hi, thanks for the reply, what you mean by the asus link aggregation should not be enabled? btw, I will check on your config, maybe I will do same like you LAN 1 on asus and LAN 2 on the tplink probably, I will get back on this thread when I figured out some workaround

I finally get my NAS working, what I did is to connect my NAS (bonded), asus router and PC to a gigabit switch, the switch connect to tplink er605 which manages my 2 ISP's, I don't know if this is indeed the correct setup technically and professionally but so far all my devices/hardwares are now working fine

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!