What's new

Using Linksys MR7500 Hydra Pro 6E as AP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Smokindog

ISams is clearing out their Linksys Hydra Pro 6E. I thought for fun I'd add it as an AP out in my workshop to upgrade an old AC68 workhorse. It's connected as an AP on a dedicated wireless backhaul.

I saw nothing in the manual about AP mode on this router and nothing about disabling DHCP and the "CSR" didn't even understand what "AP mode" meant. Used to be if there was no specific AP mode you could use a LAN port for the backhaul with DHCP disabled to get a "poor man's AP". :)

Anyway, can anyone tell me about setting up this router as an AP? Also, if this router should be avoided at ANY cost, I'm interested in hearing that as well. It's been years since I've toyed with a Linksys router. I'm currently all ASUS running Merlin!

Nothing urgent here, just seeing a gadget for what appears to be a decent price that might be interesting to play with. My only 6E device is my phone at the moment!

Last edited by a moderator:
ISams is clearing out their Linksys Hydra Pro 6E. I thought for fun I'd add it as an AP out in my workshop to upgrade an old AC68 workhorse. It's connected as an AP on a dedicated wireless backhaul.

I saw nothing in the manual about AP mode on this router and nothing about disabling DHCP and the "CSR" didn't even understand what "AP mode" meant. Used to be if there was no specific AP mode you could use a LAN port for the backhaul with DHCP disabled to get a "poor man's AP". :)

Anyway, can anyone tell me about setting up this router as an AP? Also, if this router should be avoided at ANY cost, I'm interested in hearing that as well. It's been years since I've toyed with a Linksys router. I'm currently all ASUS running Merlin!

Nothing urgent here, just seeing a gadget for what appears to be a decent price that might be interesting to play with. My only 6E device is my phone at the moment!
Hi according to this review, it does support AP mode, you just need to dig more in the setting, good luck

Log into your router on https://linksyssmartwifi.com/ then go to Router Settings > Connectivity > Internet Settings > Type of Internet Connection | Edit > Bridge Mode. Save and confirm the dialog, wait for this to restart.

* Connect the cable from your router on this one at the Internet port.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!