What's new

Dual WAN and RT-AC66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RaptorWatcher

Occasional Visitor
Hi all. I am currently running a RT-AC66U with 3.0.0.4.376_2524.
I have set up dual wan. I noticed that under Traffic Manager/Traffic Monitor the cumulative daily totals for received data is non existent when the modem has failed over to the secondary WAN. The upload totals are accurate but the download total does not register. If I go back to using the primary WAN then the download totals come back .
This is not the latest firmware... however everything else works that I want to work.... Does anyone know if this has been addressed in the newer firmwares... before I go to the trouble of installing them?

Hi all. I am currently running a RT-AC66U with 3.0.0.4.376_2524.
I have set up dual wan. I noticed that under Traffic Manager/Traffic Monitor the cumulative daily totals for received data is non existent when the modem has failed over to the secondary WAN. The upload totals are accurate but the download total does not register. If I go back to using the primary WAN then the download totals come back .
This is not the latest firmware... however everything else works that I want to work.... Does anyone know if this has been addressed in the newer firmwares... before I go to the trouble of installing them?

I am running Merlin's 378.50 on a N66U and from what I saw when testing various USB tethering devices connected in the fall over WAN mode using a USB port, the traffic manager didn't record any of the traffic.

This isn't the latest version (378.51) but unless someone else on the board can tell you the very latest version works for them I wouldn't switch unless some of the other changes noted in the log are beneficial in your situation.

You might also get a different result if your fall over WAN is connected using an Ethernet port. I can't help you there as all my fall over connection use USB.

I am running Merlin's 378.50 on a N66U and from what I saw when testing various USB tethering devices connected in the fall over WAN mode using a USB port, the traffic manager didn't record any of the traffic.

This isn't the latest version (378.51) but unless someone else on the board can tell you the very latest version works for them I wouldn't switch unless some of the other changes noted in the log are beneficial in your situation.

You might also get a different result if your fall over WAN is connected using an Ethernet port. I can't help you there as all my fall over connection use USB.

Thanks Captain. I suspect that it has NOT been fixed.. I will play around with it some more... It is not a critical must have since the primary service usually is back up quickly.. My limit is much smaller on the second service and it would be good to know usage. Thanks for the input.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!