What's new

Dyndns setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

katinatez

Occasional Visitor
Hello just started my 14 day free trial of Dyndns so I could log into my pc remotely. I just made a hostname so far but have not downloaded TightVNC to the computer I want to log into yet.
My question is do I have set some type of port forwarding?
And maybe an explanation of all the options in Dydns would be helpful.
What is the 29 other hostname options?

Also have the RT-N66U ddns setting to dnsomatic because I am currently using Opendns Family protection.
Can I use both services at the same time or do I have to choose one or the other?
Thanks for everyone's help.

Wow nobody is using this service?
Anyways will respond to my own post after figuring it out to help out other people trying to accomplish the same thing.

TightVNC has to be installed on both the client and the server side to connect computers together.
The ports to open are 5800>both,5500>both, 5900>both and also place the static ip of the computer you have VNC server running on. In my case it's my HTPC which runs all day.

About the last part running two services I think you could run dnsomatic in your dns settings on your router, then go log in to your account at dnsomatic and add a second service. My first service is Opendns, the second is Dynsdns.
Hope this helps someone.

I ran the dnsomatic connected to dyndns a year ago, but then decided to use asuscomm.com DDNS service. It is free for asus product owners... And i'm also using OpenDNS DNS servers, but not customized, but preconfigured - 208.67.222.123 and 208.67.220.123. It is enough to protect my child from most sexual context...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!