What's new

EA-N66 Wireless Ethernet Adapter

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AnthonyArmato

I didn't see a thread on this but when looking at Asus's youtube channel they sort of demoed it. Has anyone heard of a projected release date/price ?

Last word from ASUS was "beginning of March" for availability and around $100 US MSRP. I'm pinging them again.

Update from ASUS: Release now expected "sometime in May".

I didn't see a thread on this but when looking at Asus's youtube channel they sort of demoed it. Has anyone heard of a projected release date/price ?

Yeah I saw the demo but unfortunately there were no file transfer tests done to demonstrate it's raw speed. Also no 20/40 hz test were done to show comparisons so that has me tapering my expectations for the moment. If you're looking for a similar 450 Mb adapter/bridge you could give something like this a look. It received good reviews on here. Plus, it has 4 ports instead of 1. No AP mode though

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wire...dual-band-wireless-n-hd-media-bridge-reviewed

I must admit though, I like the funky design of the ASUS adapter better.

Last edited:
I read on an other website that you have to change the eathernet cable, because with the original cable is only 100Mbit possible and not Gbit LAN.

Would like to know what I can do to make this adapter to wirelessly connect to my main RT-N66U dual band router? wireless repeater? using 2.4ghz, or 5ghz or both, how?

I received mine today from Newegg. Haven't hooked it up yet. Smaller than I thought it would be.

Newegg Discount

If anyone was looking at getting this wireless adapter, Newegg is offering a coupon for 15% off wireless adapters (coupon code EMCNEJN34) and so instead of paying $99.99 for this you can get it for $84.99 with free 3 day shipping (or free 2 day shipping if you have ShopRunner). Naturally tax may or may not apply to you.

Note that the coupon is set to expire by 5/11/2012

yes I got my EA-N66 - sorry for the late reply.

The product is really smaller than expected.

The signal quality is more stable compared to the TrendNet TEW-684UB.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1947542234.png

Transfere speed on LAN (RT-N66U with a LAN connected PC) was arround 19-21MB/s both directions.

The only thing I disliked was, that there is no MAC on the product printed - only an IP-Address (10.0.0.1) which was wrong (correct was 10.0.1.1. - but if you try to connect to the internet before you configurated the product, you will be redirected to the correct page - so no big deal.) The missing MAC had the problem that I installed the EA-N66 (very easy, selfexplained) but couldn't connect to my W-Lan because the router didn't had the MAC in the "allow-list".

All in one: very nice product and I will keep the EA-N66.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!