What's new

Entware-ng for arm, mipsel ....

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

There is a major change in Entware-ng
1. glibc is upgraded from 2.22 to 2.23 (arm), uclibc is upgraded from 1.0.12 to 1.0.13 (mipsel)
2. gcc is upgraded from 4.8.5 to 5.3.0
3. go packages are added to buildroot toolchain (gccgo allows to build go binaries even for unsupported mipsel 32bits)

arm installation scripts are upgraded to reflect these changes.

when
Code:
opkg update
opkg upgrade
is run, locales-archive (entware) will be upgraded to reflect glibc upgrade (arm).
If you have built your own locales you must rebuild them once more.

@zyxmon
Just a quick Q of concern

Why are entware (opkg) upgrades available through http rather then https ?

There is a major change in Entware-ng
Upon building the Entware-ng toolchain, on the final step of compiling gcc I get this error. However, I put a "-lm" at the end of the line, and that fixed the problem. My dev box is a VM running Linux Mint 13.
Code:
x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc   -g -O2 -DIN_GCC  -DCROSS_DIRECTORY_STRUCTURE  -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wcast-qual -Wmissing-format-attribute -Woverloaded-virtual -pedantic -Wno-long-long -Wno-variadic-macros -Wno-overlength-strings   -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -lm -o go1 \
              go/ast-dump.o go/dataflow.o go/export.o go/expressions.o go/go-backend.o go/go-dump.o go/go-gcc.o go/go-lang.o go/go-linemap.o go/go-optimize.o go/go.o go/gogo.o go/import.o go/import-archive.o go/lex.o go/parse.o go/runtime.o go/statements.o go/types.o go/unsafe.o attribs.o libbackend.a main.o  libcommon-target.a libcommon.a ../libcpp/libcpp.a ../libdecnumber/libdecnumber.a libcommon.a ../libcpp/libcpp.a   ../libbacktrace/.libs/libbacktrace.a ../libiberty/libiberty.a ../libdecnumber/libdecnumber.a -lstdc++  -L/home/evaluation/Entware-ng/staging_dir/host/lib -L/home/evaluation/Entware-ng/staging_dir/host/lib -L/home/evaluation/Entware-ng/staging_dir/host/lib -lmpc -lmpfr -lgmp -rdynamic -ldl -lstdc++ -L../zlib -lz
/usr/bin/ld: go/export.o: undefined reference to symbol 'ceilf@@GLIBC_2.2.5'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'ceilf@@GLIBC_2.2.5' is defined in DSO /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.6/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so so try adding it to the linker command line
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.6/../../../x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[5]: *** [go1] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/evaluation/Entware-ng/build_dir/toolchain-arm_cortex-a9_gcc-5.3.0_glibc-2.23_eabi/gcc-5.3.0-final/gcc'
make[4]: *** [all-gcc] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/evaluation/Entware-ng/build_dir/toolchain-arm_cortex-a9_gcc-5.3.0_glibc-2.23_eabi/gcc-5.3.0-final'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/evaluation/Entware-ng/build_dir/toolchain-arm_cortex-a9_gcc-5.3.0_glibc-2.23_eabi/gcc-5.3.0-final'
make[2]: *** [/home/evaluation/Entware-ng/build_dir/toolchain-arm_cortex-a9_gcc-5.3.0_glibc-2.23_eabi/gcc-5.3.0-final/.built] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/evaluation/Entware-ng/toolchain/gcc/final'
make[1]: *** [toolchain/gcc/final/compile] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/evaluation/Entware-ng'
make: *** [toolchain/install] Error 2

I updated my libgpg-error package to version 1.21 with the following patch.
Code:
--- a/src/mkheader.c        2015-09-17 03:06:20.000000000 -0500
+++ b/src/mkheader.c      2016-02-27 19:38:08.341591831 -0600
@@ -81,6 +81,7 @@
     {"i586-pc-gnu"},
     {"i486-pc-kfreebsd-gnu", "i686-pc-kfreebsd-gnu"},
     {"i586-pc-kfreebsd-gnu"},
+    {"arm-openwrt-linux-gnu", "arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi"},
     { NULL }
   };

Entware-ng was synchronized with Openwrt. No changelog this month was prepared.
If your mc starts very slow after upgrade (arm routers), edit /opt/etc/profile file and modify the alias for mc
Code:
alias mc="mc -c --nosubshell"

I see entware-ng has synced with OpenWRT - pardon me for asking a dumb question - which openwrt release?

Barrier Breaker, Chaos Calmer, and/or Trunk?

Today I installed Entware on the AC68U of a family member. I also installed two packages, privoxy and dnscrypt-proxy, but while I see that they are running using the "ps" command, they are both not listed when I run "opkg list-installed". They are also not present in the status file in the lib/opkg folder.

I have the same packages installed on my own AC66U, but was not expecting any differences (even though the architecture is different; MIPS vs armv7).

What might I have done wrong?

(On both systems I copied the content of the USB drive to /jffs/entware in which I linked tmp to /tmp and var to /tmp/var)

Packages are listed as installed when I keep Entware on a USB stick. They also are listed as installed if I install Entware on /jffs and keep the tmp and var folders in the Entware folder.

As soon as I replace them by links to /tmp and /tmp/var things break, while this works fine on my AC66U.

Why is the behavior different? How can I fix this?

Hi @ryzhov_al @zyxmon,

Have you considered adding SiLK to Entware-ng?
Some more background info.

Another side note: is there some obstacle in upgrading rrdtool to > v1.4 ?

did an opkg upgrade and got this
Code:
* check_data_file_clashes: Package findutils-find wants to install file /opt/bin/find
    But that file is already provided by package  * findutils
anything need to be done?

I had that as well. I was able to resolve it by issuing
Code:
opkg --force-reinstall install findutils
Afterwards, reissuing "opkg upgrade" went through and replaced package findutils with findutils-find as reported by "opkg list-installed"
Code:
entware-opt - 222108-3
findutils-find - 4.6.0-1
htop - 2.0.2-1
ldconfig - 2.23-5
libc - 2.23-5
libgcc - 5.4.0-5
libncurses - 6.0-1b
libncursesw - 6.0-1b
libopenssl - 1.0.2j-1
libpthread - 2.23-5
librt - 2.23-5
libssp - 5.4.0-5
libstdcpp - 5.4.0-5
locales - 2.23-5
openssh-sftp-server - 7.3p1-3
pixelserv-tls - V35.HZ12.Ki-1
terminfo - 6.0-1b
zlib - 1.2.8-1
Also changed was entware-opt incremented from 222108-2 to 22108-3.

nice.... thanks
Code:
tOmsK@RT-AC68U-4690:/tmp/home/root# opkg --force-reinstall install findutils
Removing package findutils from root...
Installing findutils (4.6.0-1) to root...
Downloading http://pkg.entware.net/binaries/armv7/findutils_4.6.0-1_armv7soft.ipk.
Configuring findutils.
tOmsK@RT-AC68U-4690:/tmp/home/root# opkg upgrade
Upgrading entware-opt on root from 222108-2 to 222108-3...
Downloading http://pkg.entware.net/binaries/armv7/entware-opt_222108-3_armv7soft.ipk.
Installing findutils-find (4.6.0-1) to root...
Downloading http://pkg.entware.net/binaries/armv7/findutils-find_4.6.0-1_armv7soft.ipk.
findutils was autoinstalled and is now orphaned, removing.
Removing package findutils from root...
Configuring findutils-find.
Configuring entware-opt.
Updating /opt/etc/ld.so.cache... done.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!