What's new

ESXi - iSCSI - MPIO - DS1815+ - Performance question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

brimur

Occasional Visitor
Hi guys, this might be a bit too narrow a field to be asking here but I hang out here a lot so thought I would ask anyway. I have a LUN on my DS1815+ which I have setup for multiple connections and multipath is setup on the ESXi using two NICs. The DS1815+ is using 2 x NICs in LACP and both the DS and the ESXi are using 9K Junbo frames. I can see in the Performance tab that it is setup correctly because the the data is balanced over the two NICs I am using. The issue is that before I setup MPIO I was seeing ~115MBps read/write speeds but after MPIO it has only moved up to ~124MBps. Downloading the same 10GB file from two separate physical machines on the same switch maxes out the 2Gbps LACP connection so the iSCSI setup seems to be the issue.

So if anyone else has a similar setup can you let me know if this is typical behavior or am I missing a tweak somewhere?

Thanks
B

Might want to add what version of DSM, also the ESXi version, and what the client OS is...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!