Flashing question

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by SpEnTBoY, Dec 24, 2012.

1. SpEnTBoY

SpEnTBoY New Around Here

Hey guys, just curious what version you can come from of official to go to Merlin's code. I currently have stock 3.0.0.4.260 installed on my RT-AC66U and tried to flash RT-AC66U_3.0.0.4_264.22 and got an error from the device. I was able to reboot without anything bricking but I'd love to get this code on my router :D

Do I have to upgrade incrementally from say 260.21? Or should I try to re-download again and try flashing to 264.22 from 260 stock? Any help is greatly appreciated!

**EDIT** Here is that actual error I'm getting ... I tried a few times just in case including rebooting the device :) "Firmware upgrade fail. It may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again"

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  2. Log in / Register to remove this ad

3. Pierino

Pierino Senior Member

Are you positively sure you didn't download the fw for rt-n66u or rt-n16 by mistake?

4. SpEnTBoY

SpEnTBoY New Around Here

The actual file I grabbed is RT-AC66U_3.0.0.4_264.22.zip

-rw-r--r-- 1 spent staff 24949853 24 Dec 08:40 RT-AC66U_3.0.0.4_264.22.zip

tried re-downloading it as well ... same error :confused:

OMG hold on .... maybe unzip the archive? close this thread before I embarrass myself more :p ... sorry I'm so used to flashing eveything from zip to img to specific dd to memory locations I assumed I just flashed the zip

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  5. TonyH

TonyH Very Senior Member

Hu,
    Dumb question but you unzipped the file and used .trx the f/w file to update, right? I never have any trouble switching back and forth between dffreent f/w versions. ASUS, ASUSWRT or Tomato or whatever.

6. SpEnTBoY

SpEnTBoY New Around Here

see last post lol ... some days I tell ya ... thanks for the replies guys!