What's new

Fork 380.57 HGG-FINAL

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started with 380.57 HGG-FINAL on the RT-AC68P, which worked well for me. Except the 2.4GHz. wireless was wonky with CTF and FA enabled. Just like I saw with RMerlin's 380.57 2.4GHz. wireless. So I went back to 378.55.3_HGG-FINAL, and that works well also, and the 2.4GHz. is stable and useful. I'm really liking the wireless on these releases, they aren't "blasting", just a little more average signal strength. And the throughput is not suffering. Nor are the temperatures higher than I expect. So I'm really liking this.

Anyways, what I'm looking for, if it's available, is 380.57 HGG-FINAL with the old 378 wireless driver (from the older sdk) for the RT-AC68P. I read about that at one point, but haven't re-found how to get it. Is there any help for me? Can someone please tell me how to get that one?

Thanks.

In your router, click the firmware version you're running (at top of signed in router page). You'll now be at the Firmware update tab.

Click the Visit the HGG firmware link below and download the 380.57.5 for your RT-AC68U. You'll notice it is a 75MB download.

Once complete, use the folder marked 'old driver' to update your router. :)

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/no...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573

Make sure you do a full reset to factory defaults if you don't want to have phantom bugs afterwards to worry about.

Oh my, duh, thanks people, for pointing out that I already have it. I was wondering why that .zip archive was so big, now I know *smile*.

Much easier than usual.

Can everyone who use 1-100% tx power replay me with they router model and 2.4ghz and 5ghz temp. Thx.

uVxe8xd.png

Started with 380.57 HGG-FINAL on the RT-AC68P, which worked well for me. Except the 2.4GHz. wireless was wonky with CTF and FA enabled. Just like I saw with RMerlin's 380.57 2.4GHz. wireless. So I went back to 378.55.3_HGG-FINAL, and that works well also, and the 2.4GHz. is stable and useful. I'm really liking the wireless on these releases, they aren't "blasting", just a little more average signal strength. And the throughput is not suffering. Nor are the temperatures higher than I expect. So I'm really liking this.

Anyways, what I'm looking for, if it's available, is 380.57 HGG-FINAL with the old 378 wireless driver (from the older sdk) for the RT-AC68P. I read about that at one point, but haven't re-found how to get it. Is there any help for me? Can someone please tell me how to get that one?

Thanks.
I use hgg standard 380.57.5 driver om my ac68u and it seems to work fine. What's the advantage with the old driver?

Disable NAT in Lan section - "Switch control" and try to access internet via Wirless ;) you will see...... No access at allo_O

Strange that all the files have gone, something is afoot.

Perhaps because some folks have become very, very interested in HGG's GPL violations (amongst other things).

If you want to run something other than factory firmware, check RMerlin's builds... safer there, and RMerlin is quite clear about his changes and shares his code...

Does he include the source code along with the binary?

Pretty shady if you ask me - between him refusing to honor GPL pull requests, and not disclosing what he's doing - it comes down to a matter of trust and ethics...

I installed the firmware on AC-68R and it works OK. Then I tried to install Pyload. It installed OK (from entware), ran its configuration on the first start, all successful, but when trying to run pyload itself:

admin@HOMELAN:/tmp/home# pyload --configdir=/opt/var/pyload
16.02.2016 03:10:24 INFO Starting pyLoad 0.4.9
16.02.2016 03:10:24 INFO Using home directory: /tmp/mnt/sda1/entware/var/pyload
16.02.2016 03:10:28 INFO Activated plugins: AntiStandby, ClickNLoad, ExternalScripts, ExtractArchive, MergeFiles, UnSkipOnFail, UpdateManager, UserAgentSwitcher, XFileSharing
16.02.2016 03:10:28 INFO Deactivate plugins: AndroidPhoneNotify, AntiVirus, BypassCaptcha, Captcha9Kw, CaptchaBrotherhood, Checksum, DeathByCaptcha, DeleteFinished, DownloadScheduler, ExpertDecoders, HotFolder, IRCInterface, ImageTyperz, JustPremium, LinkdecrypterComHook, LogMarker, MultiHome, PushBullet, PushOver, RestartFailed, SkipRev, TransmissionRPC, WindowsPhoneNotify, XMPPInterface
16.02.2016 03:10:28 INFO Downloadtime: True
16.02.2016 03:10:30 INFO Free space: 1.09 TiB
16.02.2016 03:10:30 INFO Starting builtin webserver: 127.0.0.1:8000
16.02.2016 03:10:30 INFO Activating Accounts...
16.02.2016 03:10:30 INFO Activating Plugins...
16.02.2016 03:10:30 WARNING ADDON AntiStandby: Unable to change system power state | [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory
16.02.2016 03:10:30 WARNING ADDON AntiStandby: Unable to change display power state | [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory
16.02.2016 03:10:31 ERROR Error executing hooks: can't start new thread
16.02.2016 03:10:31 INFO pyLoad is up and running
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/bin/pyload", line 667, in <module>
main()
File "/opt/bin/pyload", line 658, in main
pyload_core.start()
File "/opt/bin/pyload", line 469, in start
self.scheduler.work()
File "/tmp/mnt/sda1/entware/share/pyload/module/Scheduler.py", line 85, in work
j.start()
File "/tmp/mnt/sda1/entware/share/pyload/module/Scheduler.py", line 109, in start
start_new_thread(self.run, ())
thread.error: can't start new thread
admin@HOMELAN:/tmp/home#

Status
Not open for further replies.