What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Not at the moment but yeah the last couple Fork Revs. I lose internet access and have to reset the router to get it working again. Happens about once a week. I can try and get the syslog next time I am at home. I turned on IPV6 about the same time so maybe that is the reason??? Thx!
I'd be happy to look at the syslog if you can capture one.

I've seen a couple of posts similar to yours from people running the later Merlin levels, but didn't see any definitive answers. I personally went through a period of a couple of months when I was having all sorts of strange things happen when my ISP was doing some 'upgrades' to provide higher speeds. You may want to check if anything like that is going on with your provider. Only good thing was in the end it was worthwhile, as the service has been very stable since they completed the work.

@XSXS - One other thing to check is to log into your modem and check the signal levels. If they are marginal, they can create problems similar to what you are seeing. And these upstream lines do go bad (again personal experience).

Ok thx! I'm pretty sure my modern levels are good. No logs for my modrm, my isp has the modem on lock down.
1475267747863-2084628144.jpg

Ok thx! I'm pretty sure my modern levels are good. No logs for my modrm, my isp has the modem on lock down.
Yes, they look reasonable. You still may want to check at the time of a failure though. My last problem, I generally had levels in the same ballpark as yours, but the upstream power was spiking to 55dbmv causing my modem to abort channels and then reboot.

have it running for a couple of weeks now on my RT-AC66U and it is rock rolid sofar.
came from V16 and upgrade went well

if you use jffs make a baxckup first of the jffs partition
everything was still there after the upgrade but i did a format afterwards to make sure the partition was alright

How is V19E3 on Asus rt66u?
Been away from forum a long time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally, FINALLY, I believe I've got the upgrade problem fixed. Many thanks to @Pat57 for testing on both AC68 and N66.

BETA RELEASE: Update-20B7
29-September-2016
Merlin fork 374.43_2-20B7j9527
Download http://bit.ly/1UGjcOX
============================

Following are the major changes (full changelog is in the zip files)

Update-20B7
  • Fix firmware update failures for some ARM based routers
  • Updates to CTF-FA handling for both FA capable and non-FA capable routers
  • Enhance the options available for Ping under Network Analysis

Update-20B5
  • Update OpenSSL to 1.0.2j
  • Update the CA bundle to the 26 September version
  • Re-introduced support for Meo, Vodaphone and Hinet MOD IPTV profiles
  • Only verify that dnsmasq is active prior to starting ntp updates if running in router mode
  • Merlin backport to add the Nano editor for all routers
  • Merlin backport to allow bogus DHCP REPLIES from broken ISPs on renewals, not just on initial lease
  • Merlin backports for memory leaks in network map
  • NEW - Added a timestamp to the disk scan output results
  • NEW - Added a WAN Uptime timer to the System Log page
    Initially, a WAN Total uptime timer is shown. Should the WAN go down, a second timer is also shown which displays the uptime since the last WAN up event.
  • NEW - Added support for IPv6 firewall rules based on the Interface (Device) ID
    Where there is a fixed IPv6 address, such as the commonly used EUI-64, you can enter these lower 4 hextets into the firewall rules as
    Code:
    ::xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx (address with two leading colons)
    This should allow the rule to still be valid after a prefix change.
  • Changed the db used for MAC address lookups in the networkmap due to problems with the IEEE database.

As always, a reminder to users with MIPS routers to have a backup of /jffs. The addition of Nano support increases the likelihood that jffs may need to be reformatted.

SHA256
Code:
81702973d4edad120966ba4de7246bd868434f5b828ec73383e86d7ec43b25cb  RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-20B7j9527.trx
929afccd64ecc58a36e0f34fbbe58afdfd73a453b248568c3ad38bb0be331fcd  RT-AC56U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-20B7j9527.trx
d37f2b9f4f09ff1f49b121e288ac6a7ae1a0c09e02f61fb77a4eb776951a9fac  RT-N16_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-20B7j9527.trx
b560d01548ebc65c2220b6b7c9c20009fee8930bbf13dd29b057dd1e184c572c  RT-AC66U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-20B7j9527.trx
2c2d784f537d3c38f58cc2587a8c7b92fea02b4647da4254cd9d33494f05eb64  RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-20B7j9527.trx

Yes, they look reasonable. You still may want to check at the time of a failure though. My last problem, I generally had levels in the same ballpark as yours, but the upstream power was spiking to 55dbmv causing my modem to abort channels and then reboot.

Thanks, I will definitely look at my logs next time it happens. I am planning on turning QoS for P2P gaming (XB1), I have a lot devices on my LAN too, is your FW better for QoS usage or is Merlins?

I always get them switched....it's NAT acceleration in one place and HW acceleration in another (the LAN page or the Tools page)....yes, it's the same.

Correct....routers that supported CTF-FA had no problems (like my primary 68P). I think you also wouldn't have a problem if you had CTF disabled for some reason (either forced off on the LAN settings or off due to QoS or IPTraffic being enabled).

EDIT: As part of this exercise I also fixed an ASUS bug in the FA enabled routers in 20B7. If you selected CTF Level 1 (CTF Only), it would set CTF Level 2 (CTF+FA) instead.

Hi John

I just did upgrade my rt-ac68u from 20b5 to 20b7.
As I have a FA enabled router I never had any update problems anyway.

Checked the tools page for "cft + fa" enabled and lan settings for level 2 - before the upgrade to 20b7.

On 20b7 the tools page is showing "cft only" but on the lan settings its showing "disabled".
Had to manually change it back to level 2, which worked fine - on both pages.

Normally the lan settings page should have shown level 1 and not disabled, or better should not change the current setting, which was level 2 before.

Just to let you know .. maybe it's confusing others in the same way like me.

Thanks for all your good work !

Hi John

I just did upgrade my rt-ac68u from 20b5 to 20b7.
As I have a FA enabled router I never had any update problems anyway.

Checked the tools page for "cft + fa" enabled and lan settings for level 2 - before the upgrade to 20b7.

On 20b7 the tools page is showing "cft only" but on the lan settings its showing "disabled".
Had to manually change it back to level 2, which worked fine - on both pages.

Normally the lan settings page should have shown level 1 and not disabled, or better should not change the current setting, which was level 2 before.

Just to let you know .. maybe it's confusing others in the same way like me.

Thanks for all your good work !
As part of the exercise to get the firmware upgrade working....I found and fixed a couple of old ASUS bugs....one in displaying the status on the Tools page, and one in setting the value from the LAN page. Not sure I immediately understand the combination you got, but it's possible that things got out of sync on the older code.

Can anyone tell me which firm ware is better for ipv6 and Qos the fork or Merlins? Or are they the same performance wise? Thanks in advance.

Can anyone tell me which firm ware is better for ipv6 and Qos the fork or Merlins? Or are they the same performance wise? Thanks in advance.

Depends on your router model and your ISP. For QoS, Traditional QoS on my firmware is broken on multiple models, however Adaptive QoS might be more interesting for some network setups - if you have a model that supports it.

As for IPv6, we both use completely different architectures, so it might depend on your ISP. Some ISPs seem to work better with one or the other.

Depends on your router model and your ISP. For QoS, Traditional QoS on my firmware is broken on multiple models, however Adaptive QoS might be more interesting for some network setups - if you have a model that supports it.

As for IPv6, we both use completely different architectures, so it might depend on your ISP. Some ISPs seem to work better with one or the other.
See above quoted my self, lol

Rt-ac66r. Cox is my isp, Cisco 3.o docsis modem
Since you have an AC66R the Trend Micro Adaptive QoS isn't available and not a factor. So, it's a matter of which firmware works better for you :)

John apologies if this is just my router affected, but I noticed that there is no fe80:: ipv6 allow rule in the firewall so basically link local traffic gets blocked on the lan to the router. Also I think icmp6 types 133 to 136 should be added to the ipv6 forward table allow rules.

Here is what I added to firewall-start in the meantime.

Code:
# fix link local on ipv6
ip6tables -I INPUT 1 -s fe80::/10 -j ACCEPT

# fix missing icmp6 forwards

ip6tables -I FORWARD 13 -p icmpv6 --icmpv6-type 136 -j ACCEPT
ip6tables -I FORWARD 13 -p icmpv6 --icmpv6-type 135 -j ACCEPT
ip6tables -I FORWARD 13 -p icmpv6 --icmpv6-type 134 -j ACCEPT
ip6tables -I FORWARD 13 -p icmpv6 --icmpv6-type 133 -j ACCEPT

Since you have an AC66R the Trend Micro Adaptive QoS isn't available and not a factor. So, it's a matter of which firmware works better for you :)
John, i am still using your firm ware. I enabled qos and checked hardware acceleration and it still was enabled. Does ctf work now with qos enabled or should i disable it? Thanks again!

John apologies if this is just my router affected, but I noticed that there is no fe80:: ipv6 allow rule in the firewall so basically link local traffic gets blocked on the lan to the router. Also I think icmp6 types 133 to 136 should be added to the ipv6 forward table allow rules.

Here is what I added to firewall-start in the meantime.

Code:
# fix link local on ipv6
ip6tables -I INPUT 1 -s fe80::/10 -j ACCEPT

# fix missing icmp6 forwards

ip6tables -I FORWARD 13 -p icmpv6 --icmpv6-type 136 -j ACCEPT
ip6tables -I FORWARD 13 -p icmpv6 --icmpv6-type 135 -j ACCEPT
ip6tables -I FORWARD 13 -p icmpv6 --icmpv6-type 134 -j ACCEPT
ip6tables -I FORWARD 13 -p icmpv6 --icmpv6-type 133 -j ACCEPT
Sorry, but this doesn't make sense (at least to me :) ) What are you trying to do that isn't working. I have no trouble accessing clients with the local IPv6 addresses.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!