What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sorry, how to set up your own manually correct time zone and location?

I'm sorry, can you translate the yellow text for me? I also see that the timezone db doesn't recognize that Moscow observes DST, so it's hard set at GMT+04:00 and you don't get the option to set it. Did Moscow recently start observing DST?

I'm sorry, can you translate the yellow text for me? I also see that the timezone db doesn't recognize that Moscow observes DST, so it's hard set at GMT+04:00 and you don't get the option to set it. Did Moscow recently start observing DST?
Translate yellow text:
Reminder: time zone is different from the system locale
No, Moscow does not use DST.
But with the current settings, my laptop does not see the Wi-Fi only tablets and phones.

Nowhere it is:
admin@Koluchiy:/tmp/home/root# date
Thu Mar 26 02:53:49 GMT 2015

Should be one hour ago (+3GMT) = Thu Mar 26 03:53:49 GMT 2015

Maybesomething is notcorrecthere?
admin@Koluchiy:/tmp/home/root# nvram get wl1_country_code nvram get regulation_domain
#a
#a

Translate yellow text:
Reminder: time zone is different from the system locale
No, Moscow does not use DST.
But with the current settings, my laptop does not see the Wi-Fi only tablets and phones.
This is strange....I didn't change any of the timezone data in the firmware. To get going try selecting Kaliningrad as the location (GMT+03:00).

Yes.
So I did, but my laptop still does not see the Wi-Fi only tablets and phones.

May not be the correct settings for Wi-Fi?
wf1.jpg

wf2.jpg

Two things....
- Set a fixed Control Channel to one that you know is good for your region (with the #a mod it can select a channel that your laptop doesn't recognize)
- Try setting Regulation mode (on the Professional page to 802.11d)

Two things....
- Set a fixed Control Channel to one that you know is good for your region (with the #a mod it can select a channel that your laptop doesn't recognize)
- Try setting Regulation mode (on the Professional page to 802.11d)
- What is region #a, and how to change it to Russia or Europe??
- When you select any channel and click "apply" option is not used, in Chrome and IE. :((
- Setting the 802.11 d did not help.

- What is region #a, and how to change it to Russia or Europe??
At some point a series of 'nvram set' commands were entered to change the region to unlock additional channels and some additional power.

A couple more questions.....what code level were you on before loading the fork? If anything other than code staring with 374.42 or 374.43 you need to do a reset to 'Factory default' on the Restore/Save/Upload setting page and reconfigure the router. This will also reset the #a back to the default for your router.

Also, what model router do you have?

OK.
I've never used custom firmware, always only standard ASUS firmware. And for a very long time, has not been updated, it was necessary to add a new reservation in DHCP and router offered to update the firmware, I agreed, and then I strongly fell signal level (in a garage with no catches Wi-Fi:)) that decided to try to put this firmware, read a lot of different themes of the Forum and found this forum thread.
I'll try to Flash to the standard ASUS firmware: RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374_5517-g302e4dc

I have a router Asus RT-N66U.

/Sorry,my English is very bad:)

OK.
I've never used custom firmware, always only standard ASUS firmware. And for a very long time, has not been updated, it was necessary to add a new reservation in DHCP and router offered to update the firmware, I agreed, and then I strongly fell signal level (in a garage with no catches Wi-Fi:)) that decided to try to put this firmware, read a lot of different themes of the Forum and found this forum thread.
I'll try to Flash to the standard ASUS firmware: RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374_5517-g302e4dc

I have a router Asus RT-N66U.

/Sorry,my English is very bad:)
Your English is very good!

Whatever firmware you try to flash from this point, after flashing you should do the reset to Factory defaults and set up your router again (I know it's difficult, but will prevent many problems).

Your English is very good!

Whatever firmware you try to flash from this point, after flashing you should do the reset to Factory defaults and set up your router again (I know it's difficult, but will prevent many problems).
Upgraded to a standard ASUS 3.0.0.4.376 firmware _3861.
Here is the result, I find your region:)
admin@RT-N66U:/# nvram get pci/1/1/ccode nvram get pci/2/1/ccode
#a
#a
admin@RT-N66U:/# nvram get wl0_country_code
EU
admin@RT-N66U:/# nvram get wl1_country_code nvram get regulation_domain
EU
#a
admin@RT-N66U:/# nvram get regulation_domain_5G
#a
With this existing configuration everything works correctly and all laptops, phones and tablets see Wi-Fi.

Right, I understand that I must replace all #a, at EU?

Now update the firmware of the RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-10j9527 and will make these actions.
The result will write here.

Thank you so much for sharing your expertise!
In this configuration, the works:)
EEEEhhhhuuuuuu!!!!!

ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-N66U_3.0.0.4 Sun Mar 22 06:56:18 UTC 2015
admin@Koluchiy:/tmp/home/root# nvram get pci/1/1/ccode nvram get pci/2/1/ccode
Q2
Q2
admin@Koluchiy:/tmp/home/root# nvram get wl0_country_code
Q2
admin@Koluchiy:/tmp/home/root# nvram get wl1_country_code nvram get regulation_domain
Q2
US
admin@Koluchiy:/tmp/home/root# nvram get regulation_domain_5G
Q2

admin@Koluchiy:/tmp/home/root# nvram get wl_TxPower
admin@Koluchiy:/tmp/home/root# nvram get wl0_TxPower
admin@Koluchiy:/tmp/home/root# nvram get wl1_TxPower

P.S. Firmware: RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-10j9527

What should be the correct/good/ideal/recommended Current Temperatures?:)
135 °F - normal?

I actually hadn't done anything more with this since in most cases the rule involved is a good thing. What I'll do for the next release is add an option in the gui to make the rule change.
That would be great! I'm struggling with the cron and startup script now. :)

My RT-N66U spontaneously reboots 1-3 times each day, and has been doing so for the last several versions of The Fork.

I have been capturing syslogs to an external drive, but there is absolutely nothing showing - just normal activity and then a sudden reboot.

I have a very vanilla setup; no USB servers, no parental control, no QoS, no VPN, no AiCloud, no optware or entware. For me, it's just a router. I am using both 2.4 and 5 GHz bands.

Does anyone have any experience dealing with an apparently symptomless series of reboots? And found a cure? I'm happy to provide further information on request.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!