What's new

FreeStor 4020 firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bighamster233

New Around Here
Just got this old thing but don't have any firmware to set it up with. Does anyone have the firmware?

Last edited:
Just got this old thing but don't have any firmware to set it up with. Does anyone have the firmware?

Firmware should be the flash memory - you should be able to pull the drives and boot it to get to a basic config screen, and follow steps from there.

This is a really old NAS, and I would recommend using it for keeping important data...

Firmware should be the flash memory - you should be able to pull the drives and boot it to get to a basic config screen, and follow steps from there.

This is a really old NAS, and I would recommend using it for keeping important data...
I pulled all the drives and got to this screen. Now what? The manual says to upload firmware from a CD but I don't have a CD.

Attachments

• image_2023-11-22_195559126.png
    image_2023-11-22_195559126.png
    29.9 KB · Views: 13
You have FW already installed... you don't need the CD to move forward...
That's what I thought from his screenshot. But the description in the manual says he has to upload a pkg file from the CD onto the drives (after he's plugged them in and scanned for them).

@Bighamster233 Can you plug the drives in and scan for them as shown in the manual? If so can you then just hit the Upload button?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!