What's new

Game - Apex Legends - fix Lag via VPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I very much doubt whether it would help, in fact I would expect it to make things worse. But everyone's internet connection is different so it might help.

To be honest I wouldn't trust that "fix" suggestion. This is advise from a website who's sole purpose is to sell people VPN subscriptions.

This is really a case-by-case thing. It depends first of all if your ISP has better routing/peering to that VPN server than to the target game server. The only way to know for sure if it would help in your particular case is to try it. So if you are looking into one of the available "game enhancer" services, make sure they offer some kind of trial first.

In general, these services are more likely to help if playing on a game server located on a different continent. If the game server is within the same country (or a nearby country), then it's unlikely to provide any real difference. It's also unlikely to provide any enhancement if you are on a major ISP, as these tend to have pretty good peering agreements.

I very much doubt whether it would help, in fact I would expect it to make things worse. But everyone's internet connection is different so it might help.

To be honest I wouldn't trust that "fix" suggestion. This is advise from a website who's sole purpose is to sell people VPN subscriptions.
Thanks for your thoughts, ColinTaylor

In general, these services are more likely to help if playing on a game server located on a different continent. If the game server is within the same country (or a nearby country), then it's unlikely to provide any real difference.
I like this idea a lot, thanks for the input. I'll try to research some deals from a different continent just for a test.
Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!