What's new

Get WiFi signal into garage?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

And yes the ABB charger does have a 4G module, but unfortunately I have no reception in the garage. And I cannot swap parking spots as we own spot B.

I would double-check - LTE CAT-M1 and NB-IOT have significantly higher sensitivity than handsets do, due to modulation schemes, symbol repetition, and other enhancements...

4G-LTE on handsets typically is around -110 to -115 dB (depends on channel BW and radio configs)

CAT-M1 is around -155, NB-IOT is around -164

So might be worth checking out...

Manufacturers claim modern powerline adapters can work on different power circuits, connected to the same distribution board, and even through power transformers and different phases. I personally never used one, but interested to find out if the claims are close to the reality.

I would double-check - LTE CAT-M1 and NB-IOT have significantly higher sensitivity than handsets do, due to modulation schemes, symbol repetition, and other enhancements...

4G-LTE on handsets typically is around -110 to -115 dB (depends on channel BW and radio configs)

CAT-M1 is around -155, NB-IOT is around -164

So might be worth checking out...

Thanks for the suggestion, are there any specific products you can recommend?

Manufacturers claim modern powerline adapters can work on different power circuits, connected to the same distribution board, and even through power transformers and different phases. I personally never used one, but interested to find out if the claims are close to the reality.
The powerline idea is currently my preferred one. In the worst case, if it doesn't end up working, I will at least have a normal power outlet in addition to the charger next to my parking spot.

I'd simply run a CAT6 cable to a central point, an AP from there and offer guest access to others for $5/month.
With installation costs you could be making money after a year :D

Thanks for the suggestion, are there any specific products you can recommend?

For starters, I would contact ABB - you are likely not the only person that has a problem like this, so they may have already sorted out a solution.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!