What's new

GT-AX6000 wireless node backhaul

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BeachGuy

Regular Contributor
I searched the forums and the internet but can't find an answer to my question. I have the GT-AX6000 set as "main" router and a RT-AC68U set as a wireless node. When I look at AiMesh on the node (network tab) there is no data for backhaul (Phy, Tx/Rx) but it says the connection is "great". When I look at the system log: wireless log, the AC68U has good Rx/Tx. Interestingly if I enable "roaming assistant" and reboot/optimize the backhaul data does show up. I read some docs from Asus and they mostly discuss Tri-band routers for dedicated backhaul. Is there a way to force wireless backhaul on a dual-band router (GT-AX600)? Why does the backhaul data show up when I enable RA and should I leave that enabled?

Last edited:
RT-AC68U set as a node. When I look at AiMesh on the node (network tab) there is no data for backhaul (Phy, Tx/Rx) but it says the connection is "great". When I look at the system log: wireless log, the AC68U has good Rx/Tx.

I would not chase missing data in the router webUI... it comes and goes and is not fully reliable... the older AC68U may be a factor. If it's working...

Interestingly if I enable "roaming assistant" and reboot/optimize the backhaul data does show up.

Yeah, it's unreliable.

I read some docs from Asus and they mostly discuss Tri-band routers for dedicated backhaul. Is there a way to force wireless backhaul on a dual-band router (GT-AX600)? Why does the backhaul data should up when I enable RA (and should I leave that enabled?)?

Wireless backhaul is the default, particularly if you do not connect a wire. If you wire the node, enable Ethernet Backhaul Mode to disable the wireless backhauls; otherwise, leave them enabled and set the Backhaul Connection Priority as desired.

OE

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!