What's new

GT-AXE11000 & Pro ET12

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

themrweasley

New Around Here
Hello!

I already have a GT-AXE11000 with Merlin firmware.
This works perfectly to use as my main modem/router to get Internet from my ISP (KPN/Netherlands), this custom firmware seems to be so far the only way to get Internet in from my ISP with a custom router instead of the crappy one they give you, if anyone knows otherwise i'd love to hear it.

Now I just got a great deal for 2x ZenWifi Pro ET12 but I notice there is no firmware for this yet, which I understand and is fine (No pressure!)

Does it matter if I use Merlin firmware for my GT-axe11000 and standard firmware for my Zenwifi or does this bring some issues?
I'm guessing that in theory it would be better to use the Zenwifi as main modem/router because of the better cpu but I doubt it really matters, the GT-11000 was plenty fast so far, but if anyone has other experiences i'd love to hear it.

Any feedback is very much welcome.

Hello!

I already have a GT-AXE11000 with Merlin firmware.
This works perfectly to use as my main modem/router to get Internet from my ISP (KPN/Netherlands), this custom firmware seems to be so far the only way to get Internet in from my ISP with a custom router instead of the crappy one they give you, if anyone knows otherwise i'd love to hear it.

Now I just got a great deal for 2x ZenWifi Pro ET12 but I notice there is no firmware for this yet, which I understand and is fine (No pressure!)

Does it matter if I use Merlin firmware for my GT-axe11000 and standard firmware for my Zenwifi or does this bring some issues?
I'm guessing that in theory it would be better to use the Zenwifi as main modem/router because of the better cpu but I doubt it really matters, the GT-11000 was plenty fast so far, but if anyone has other experiences i'd love to hear it.

Any feedback is very much welcome.

OE

Set everything up today with wired backhaul, only a few weird things I noticed:

* Using the 2.5ghz port on my GT-AXE11000 it is marking the connection as yellow in AI-Mesh, with a 10/100 speed, switching the same cable to one of the lan ports it will get full 1GB speed.
* The GT-AXE11000 does not seem to transmit 6e, when my phone is connected to the ET12 it shows 6e, when connected to the GT-AXE11000 it does not.

If anyone has any idea pointing me in the right direction with the above points i'd love to hear.

Overall though, happy with the results, one ET12 does a better job providing connectivity than 3 TP-links that I used before throughout the house.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!