What's new

GT-AXE16000 game streaming stuttering with iPhone 15 Pro

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

goldenegg

Regular Contributor
When trying to do game streaming (Playstation Remote Play, Xbox Remote Play or Steam Link) from my iPhone 15 Pro, it works fine for a few minutes and then turns in to a slide show for a minute before repeating the cycle. When the stuttering happens, the remote play app will show there's a network related issue. The issue happens on both the 5Ghz and 6Ghz channels. This only happens on my iPhone, as other devices on wifi (iPad, laptop, other handhelds) work perfectly.

A friend picked up a TP-Link Archer AXE300 and I currently have it, since he can't set it up until the weekend. I've had it hooked up the past couple of days and the game streaming problem doesn't happen at all with that router. I had a 3 hour gaming session last night and there wasn't a single hiccup on the iPhone.

This has me wondering if there's potentially a wifi setting on the ASUS router that's causing issues with the game streaming. I know I'm already on the least congested wifi channels, so that's not the issue. I've never changed settings in the 'Professional' tab in the wifi settings. Are there settings there I should be tweaking? Any other settings I should be looking at? QoS is disabled, but I did try enabling it and it didn't make a difference.

Just a notion, but assuming most wifi users are running "auto channel" settings on their routers (if they even know there are other options), there just might be a reason there are "least congested" channels in your locale. Have you tried letting yours decide for itself which channels to use?

@kidd232 I generally gave up trying to solve it and just started using other devices for Remote Play. There was a new firmware released for the router last week, but I haven't tried it with Remote Play on the iPhone yet.

EDIT:

Just tried with the latest firmware and the issue still persists. I used Remote Play with my PS5 to play Spider-Man 2 and the issue started after about 5 minutes.

Last edited:
This is a weird one I use the GT-AXE16000 as my primary and I game a lot and never had this issue at all. I also used the TP Link AXE300 before my Asus and that one didn’t have an issue either but TP-Link firmware is horrendous that’s one of the reasons I switched. Have you tried Merlin’s firmware on your GT-AXE16000 yet? It’s very stable and works excellent. If that doesn’t help this almost sounds like some sort of hardware issue with yours you might have to RMA it to Asus

This is a weird one I use the GT-AXE16000 as my primary and I game a lot and never had this issue at all. I also used the TP Link AXE300 before my Asus and that one didn’t have an issue either but TP-Link firmware is horrendous that’s one of the reasons I switched. Have you tried Merlin’s firmware on your GT-AXE16000 yet? It’s very stable and works excellent. If that doesn’t help this almost sounds like some sort of hardware issue with yours you might have to RMA it to Asus
Do you have an iPhone 15 Pro? This issue seems to be specific to that model of phone. Doesn't happen with any other device, including other iPhone models.

I do yes I got it when it came out I don’t have that issue that’s why I’m wondering if it’s a hardware problem with your Asus. Especially since you tried the TP link router and didn’t have the problem at least if you had that problem with both routers you could say, probably an issue issue with the hardware of the phone or some type of firmware issue with the phone but two routers with almost identical specs one just has a little more ram than the other one I’m starting to think it’s a hardware issue with your Asus.

Do you have an iPhone 15 Pro? This issue seems to be specific to that model of phone. Doesn't happen with any other device, including other iPhone models.

I have two iPhone 15 Pro devices. One of them experiences wifi stuttering issues that affect FaceTime or other internet voice calls, while the other, under the same wifi router, has never encountered these problems.

Therefore, I suspect it may be a hardware or iOS issue specific to the iPhone 15 Pro. I am considering resetting the phone and using it as a new device to see if that resolves the problem.

That's a good point - recall that the iPhone 15 Pro has the A17 chipset, and a new GPU with raytracing... that GPU also has some new dynamic memory management that A16 and older do not have...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!