What's new

GT-BE98 Pro Firmware 34491 Issues w/ Arlo Doorbell

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JFMeisteR

Occasional Visitor
Hello everyone,

Yesterday I upgraded from 32882 to 34491 everything worked great except for my Arlo Video Doorbell. I have 21 wifi devices with most of it being IoT. I did everything I could with Arlo to get the bell from talking with the router but it never worked. After spending 5h to debug this, including time spent with their support, Ibreverted back to the 32882 firmware and it worked again. Something changed in there that prevents the Arlo VDB to work. Does the 34491 increased the security which the DB doesn’t support, or Arlo needs to update their VDB firmware updated to work with the new 34491, or maybe some of you figured it out and there is a specific setting in the BE98 Pro that needs to change for compatibility that I’m not aware? The Arlo VDB only works on 2.4Ghz. Maybe some of you are experiencing similar issues with other devices… I have another device that didn’t connect anymore as with the 34491 it was showing 19 devices vs 21 with the old one, but didn’t take the time to find which one of it as I had spent enough time working on my DB before reverting back to the old firmware.

Thanks for any feedback in advance!

Some devices can't work with GCMP-256 encryption that WiFi 7 uses on the Asus as of the latest firmwares, the easiest thing to do is create an IoT network with lesser encryption that the Arlo and other devices can connect to.

Yes, you probably need to create an iot network which the latest firmware already does. Go to the guest wifi area and you will see default iot which uses 2.4/5 ghz with WPA2 encryption. That's what you should connect your cameras to. So it's already there no need to make a new one unless you want to isolate it.

One quick note is that i discovered if you turn off the default iot network in guest network it will break DOT used for dns. I sent feedback to asus already.

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll try this once I have time. So it’s possible only Arlo can be affected and not the rest of my iot?

You could make one network alone for the arlo and isolate it sure. Don't see a problem. That way you can also make it just be 2.4 ghz using wpa2.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!