What's new

Solved Having trouble comparing the results of sha256 file and PowerShell results of the same file downloaded from the Mirror

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

skeal

Part of the Furniture
I've spent the last few hours trying to compare sha256 information to validate what file I just downloaded. I'm using PowerShell, get-Filehash command and no matter what I do the checksums don't match. I've done this many times in the past. I'm downloading RT-AC68U from OneDrive mirror.
Using Get-Filehash command. PS C:\Users\steve> get-Filehash C:\Users\steve\Downloads\RT-AC68U_386.12_0.zip and the results do not match the information in the downloaded folder sha256. Results are as follows:
From the sha256 file in the download are: a07830f1dd3fa816c25c7b76263cbb13e4268fac3447fe623b048f66067deaf4 opened with Notepad ++
From PowerShell the get-Filehash results are: ED05B558FC7DA409196FAA329472739CE608DAD6FC84B694A6FB822D9F5B7D53 Pasted to Notepad++ after reading it in PowerShell. Then copied to the sha256 file in the downloaded file and compared one above another making sure my copy's are accurate.
No matter what I do nothing changes the results.
Again I've done this many times before the same way with great results. Everything is up to date, PowerShell and notepad++.

Can anyone please help me? I'm not on here much anymore so if it was mentioned before and its deep in the thread somewhere I wouldn't have heard about it. And don't have much luck with search
I make sure the download is authenticate every time I update firmware any one of my Asus routers. Thanks you smart people! ;)

I've spent the last few hours trying to compare sha256 information to validate what file I just downloaded. I'm using PowerShell, get-Filehash command and no matter what I do the checksums don't match. I've done this many times in the past. I'm downloading RT-AC68U from OneDrive mirror.
Using Get-Filehash command. PS C:\Users\steve> get-Filehash C:\Users\steve\Downloads\RT-AC68U_386.12_0.zip and the results do not match the information in the downloaded folder sha256. Results are as follows:
From the sha256 file in the download are: a07830f1dd3fa816c25c7b76263cbb13e4268fac3447fe623b048f66067deaf4 opened with Notepad ++
From PowerShell the get-Filehash results are: ED05B558FC7DA409196FAA329472739CE608DAD6FC84B694A6FB822D9F5B7D53 Pasted to Notepad++ after reading it in PowerShell. Then copied to the sha256 file in the downloaded file and compared one above another making sure my copy's are accurate.
No matter what I do nothing changes the results.
Again I've done this many times before the same way with great results. Everything is up to date, PowerShell and notepad++.

Can anyone please help me? I'm not on here much anymore so if it was mentioned before and its deep in the thread somewhere I wouldn't have heard about it. And don't have much luck with search
I make sure the download is authenticate every time I update firmware any one of my Asus routers. Thanks you smart people! ;)
I replied to your prior post. Run get-filehash on the .trx file.

Yup! That's the ticket!