What's new

Help configuring Asus TM-AC1900 as a router and Netgear N600 (WNDR3700) as a repeater

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JustAGuy

New Around Here
I need to configure Asus TM-AC1900 as a router and Netgear Dual Band Gigabit WNDR3700 as a repeater. I used to use the Netgear as my router but switched to Asus. I thought this will help with signal strength in my daughter's room. The signal strength didn't improve. I set up Netgear, and now Asus, as dual band 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ because not all the devices connected to WI-FI can handle 5GHZ. I found plenty of sites with instructions for the Netgear or Asus, but they all seem to be for the 2.4GHZ mode. I'd like to be able to repeat both bands.

Thanks.

Set the wndr3700 as a access point, if it support AP mode.

From the Modem---> to WAN port on ASUS, from LAN port ASUS---> to LAN port on WNDR3700 thats in AP mode.

How to Expand Your Wireless Range Using an Old Router

Last edited:
From the Modem---> to WAN port on ASUS, from LAN port ASUS---> to LAN port on WNDR3700 thats in AP mode.

How to Expand Your Wireless Range Using an Old Router
This isn't going to work for me. If I could run ethernet I wouldn't have a problem in the first place. I need a wireless solution using my old routers. Thanks for the advice.

Its going to be like this
18698205_1464069056989149_9212107121930243946_n.jpg

Set your Asus TM-AC1900 in Router Mode
Set you other router in ACCESS POINT Mode (first reset the router, login, and set in Access Point Mode).
Connect Modem to your Router (TM-AC1900) then from Your Router to the Router (WNDR3700) in ACCESS POINT Mode.
Now you can connect your wifi clients and cable clients to your Router and your ACCESSPOINT.
Your Router gives IP numbers to your Access point as well, you can have the same SSID on your Router and Access point or two seperate SSID.
Best for old clients is to have 2 SSID the older router can be SSID 2 for older clients.

Last edited:
Its going to be like this
18698205_1464069056989149_9212107121930243946_n.jpg
I don't think you understand what I need. I have Asus (router in your picture) connected to the modem. I need to configure the Asus and Netgear (located in a different room) so that Netgear is acting as a repeater for the 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ bands from the Asus. I cannot run any wires to the Netgear. The connection between Asus and Netgear has to be wireless.

Yes i know BUT you only get out the half if you set the router repeter mode, you get full in Accesspoint mode.
If you still want the repeter mode you have to first config it with a cable in the Router (WNDR3700) if i dont remeber it wrong.
I never run i repeter mode use this to set the router i repeter mode.

Since access point requires ethernet it's a no go for me. As far as I know, repeater setup is the only wireless solution. I already know how to set up Netgear as a repeater. I need to know how to set up Asus to work with it.

Are your Asus TM-AC1900 in Router Mode right now?
Here is how you setup your ASUS router quick how-to: expand your Wi-Fi with a range extender.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!