What's new

Help with connection from switch to wireless router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jas805

New Around Here
Hi,
I need help with my linksys e3000 router (house internet) connecting to the web from a netgear fs105 switch. My wifes work router (Cisco 800 series) is also connected to the switch and it works fine. I have already tried turning off the dhcp to no avail, and I don't want to connect it back to the cisco 800 router because it destroys my upload speeds. I cannot get into anything on the cisco 800 router because it is locked and for work use only. Let me know if you need any other information. I'm hoping I'm just not getting the settings correct on the linksys router.

Thank you for your help in advance.

I dont understand what you are asking.

If cisco 800 router was given to your wife by her company and you are having issues, then she needs to take it back and have it replaced.

Why are you even using cisco 800 router in the first place??

Last edited:
maybe i over thought how to ask, simply i need to know how to make my Linksys e3000 wireless router work from a Netgear gs105 switch(put fs in original post).

Let me get this straight, you have a switch connected to your internet connection, and to that switch you connect two routers?

Does your ISP allow more than one device?? My guess is that your ISP only gives you one IP address, thus only one of the routers will work.

thanks for the replies, that is most likely it (with the isp) I will double check that. The reason I wanted to run off a switch is because the cisco 800 cuts my upload speed from 11mbps to .70mbps

What subnet does the cisco 800 hand out with DHCP? You could put the E3000 on a different subnet and connect it to the internet, then just put the cisco 800 in the E3000's DMZ.

Modem-->E3000-->cisco 800

Looks like the cisco 800 series use 10.10.10.0 subnet by default

The E3000 uses 192.168.1.0 subnet by default

Should be compatible to just hook the modem into the E3000 WAN port and the cisco 800 into the E3000 LAN port, then just setup a reserved DHCP address for the cisco 800 and place it into the DMZ of the E3000.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!