What's new

Help with ntwk connect to RT-AC86U USB drive?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BobMCT

Regular Contributor
Hi = I recently upgraded my Linux Mint system to the latest version. I used to be able to connect to the router's USB port where I have a 1TB drive plugged in. It worked great.
However, now I can no longer connect either via smb or nfs. I've tried a zillion times to tweak my fstab file entry.
So, in the interest of time, could someone please post an valid fstab line that will allow connection to the plugged in USB drive on the router?
Other than the IP addr of the router and the mount point on my system I'd like to see what other parameters are required to make this work? As I mentioned either NFS or CIFS/SMB format would suffice?

Thank you to any/all who can help.
BobMCT 🤞

Well I was able to gain access to the USB attached HDD but in order to do so I had to enable public access. Fortunately this is within my private intranet so it should be fine. But I am troubled as to why it worked for years with a secured SMB link and not now.
Just wanted to post this update as I will continue to pursue this issue but not no urgently now.

This sounds like a question to be asked at a linux-mint forum.

BTW I too prefer and use mint.

I recently upgraded my Linux Mint system to the latest version. I used to be able to connect to the router's USB port where I have a 1TB drive plugged in. It worked great.
However, now I can no longer connect either via smb or nfs.
Yeah I'm also going with it's a Linux Mint problem not a router problem. Check the Linux Mint forum to see if they have any suggestions, workarounds or solutions to your issue.
For example this recent post over there:

Thanks fellows. I've tried the mint forums and the Ask Ubuntu forum and they seem to think because its unique to the router its a router problem. So I've been spreading out my requests.
Don't know if I mentioned but if I opened the router smb security to Guest, it connects flawlessly. Also my mint, as before connect via SMB/CIFS or NSF perfectly to all my other network devices. Go figure.

Thanks again!