What's new

How to transfer files from SSH session on ASUSWRT to local computer

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

If you're using Merlin's firmware you could use SCP. But personally I'm too lazy fire up WinSCP. I have a USB drive plugged into my router being shared with Samba. I just copy files by putting them in the shared folder.

I tried using SCP however the connection gets denied.
If you are getting a connection denied message it typically means something is misconfigured either on the router or within the WinSCP program. Are you by chance trying to access the router using SSH from a remote location (i.e. from the WAN side)?

Not having any issues using WinSCP to access either a RT-AX86U Pro or a RT-AC68U (both running Asus-Merlin firmware) from the local network side. Check the configuration (like IP address, port # and SCP setting) for both to ensure they match. Examples attached.

Attachments

• routerSSH.jpg
    routerSSH.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 31
  • winscp.jpg
    winscp.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 31
if you can ssh SCP should work

command format
scp -P (ssh port) (router login name)@(Ip of router):/jffs/scripts/* (destination or "." for current directory)