What's new

[HOWTO]Debian Weezy for AC68 and AC56 + OwnCloud

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

...I've been trying to enable a java runtime in the chroot.

- oracle embedded JRE 7 does not start (tried client/server with hw-float/sw-float for A7)
- openjdk-jre-7 will not initialise during install via apt-get.

... any thoughts to share?

I managed to install java7-jre on my ac-66u mipsel router with debian squeeze, needed by BubbleUpnpServer.
On ac68u should be simpler, add "non-free" to /etc/apt/sources.list
apt-get update
apt-get install openjdk-7-jre

't

It's been a while since I've played with this but what i had before with some of these installations that it runs out of memory. When I enabled a swap file just for the installation it works. Just out of curiosity what do you need java for?

Yes, I had a swap partition enabled during my attempts...no luck.

I want to test serviio DLNA server, as minidlna is a pita and totally unreliable.
It would not pick up new files/folders and also crashes at random...I found the state in the UI to be a false positive 90% of times (states that it is running but it isn't..when running, clients will sometimes not see it.

...so I am trying to test another option.

I managed to install java7-jre on my ac-66u mipsel router with debian squeeze, needed by BubbleUpnpServer.
On ac68u should be simpler, add "non-free" to /etc/apt/sources.list
apt-get update
apt-get install openjdk-7-jre

Yes, that's what I did (although I did not intentionally enable that apt source).
openjdk.7.jre is listed in the cache, will download but during install raises an error "Initialisation failed".

Have you tried this one?

apt-get install openjdk-7-jre-headless

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hmmmm...I actually can't remember right now.
For the ones from oracle, I used the headless versions, with openjdk I'll have to check....will report soon.

Edit: ...tried to reproduce and figured than my "disk", hosting wheezy is a SDHC Card in an USB3 reader, must have died in the process.
Maybe my problems were from the card dying in the first place.

Anyway, I received a new toy, an ODROID XU3, which will host my smaller projects, so I won't pursue this route of using the ASUS for this kind of stuff any longer.

Last edited:
...trying to enable CUPS printing in Wheezy and use the cups deamon to enable googleprint for my printers (all these are networked with ipp/lpr but not capable of cloud printing with my tablets and smartphones).
I got inspired by this, btw: http://blog.onslow-web.co.uk/?p=71

Install of cups worked and I enabled web-access and configured my first printer (have a ppd...this printer runs fine with other linux desktops in the home).

The problem:
Upon generating a test-page with cupsd on the ASUS, the job fails because ghostscript (filter pdftops) appears to have a problem ("unrecoverable error; exit code 1").

My suspect is memory limit for ghostscript.
Anyone knows on how to debug (I enabled debug in cupsd.conf but all I get is what I stated above).

TIA,
ford

Hi.
The problem:
Upon generating a test-page with cupsd on the ASUS, the job fails because ghostscript (filter pdftops) appears to have a problem ("unrecoverable error; exit code 1").
I got the same error when pdf2ps is missing. It's a part of Xpdf suite, is it installed?

My suspect is memory limit for ghostscript.
Google cloud printing (including ghostscript) works well both in Entware and Optware.

Regards, Alexander Ryzhov.

Thanks for your response Al,

Hi.I got the same error when pdf2ps is missing. It's a part of Xpdf suite, is it installed?

Yes, both binaries, pdf2ps and pdftops are installed to /usr/bin

Google cloud printing (including ghostscript) works well both in Entware and Optware.

..so at least it should work...thanks for the confirmation!

Edit:
I tried with a fresh chroot and during the progress of "apt-get install cups" I get -> "apt-get FATAL -> Failed to fork"
The box is either out of PIDs or out of memory.... ;-(
In my first attempt I used an old, slow SD-Card...this attempt was with a fresh USB3-Stick....will need to investigate further

Edit2:
recreated the setup on my ODROID (armv7hf) inside a Docker container (ubuntu:14.04lts based)...steps passed like 1,2,3,finish
It is either the wheezy armel based packages (cups 1.5.3 versus cups 1.7.2 in 14.04LTS) or memory (ASUS with 256MB versus ODROID 2GB)...I still suspect the latter.

Last edited:
problem sync large files with owncloud windows client

I can upload files larger than 50Mb via web interface without errors, but windows sync client fails with "server internal error". I see in php.log:

Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20979712 bytes) at .../local.ph#156

Can it be solved?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!