What's new

Increasing the WiFi Range of RT-AC87

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

boxst

Occasional Visitor
I have just swapped out my AC68 for a AC87 and the WiFi range in 2.4ghz is worse.

However, I played extensively with the AC68, changing the region, messing around with the setting to get maximum power that I could.

Can I do something similar here? Are there any guides? It is set to US at the moment (although I'm in the UK) and the power now just says '100%' rather than the power output.

Thanks for any help.

You can't change region or push output power beyond 80 mW anymore.

Experiment with the Beamforming settings, that can sometime negatively impact long range clients.

Thank you for the replies. I am using the latest firmware (2061) and did reset it.

That's a shame about the power and not being able to change the settings. I have been playing with telnet and can run some commands but they appear to have no effect.

Not sure why they would limit the power in country settings that allow more. Disappointing.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!