What's new

Inexpensive Cat6 Tester/Continuity Verifiererer

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

futonpimp

Occasional Visitor
Hi Folks,

Can someone link me to a product they've used or know of for verifying cat6. I'm going to be running a ton of cabling in the next few weeks and will be making a lot of various length connections. I did some searches on the forums..but came up with mostly stuff from 2008..and alot of the links are dead.

(i dont need a fluke or anything high end..something on the cheaper side for a diy project would be cool) maybe in the 50-100 dollar range?

Thanks alot in advance.

your laptop

I just used my laptop. If you get a full-duplex gigabit link, you've verified that all four pairs of that cable are connected properly.

I just used my laptop. If you get a full-duplex gigabit link, you've verified that all four pairs of that cable are connected properly.

no you have wire mapped them..

as Tim said above to "verfie" the cables it uses propper tests to ensure the twist rates are all kept, wire lengths are close if not the same