What's new

Installing New MoCA Network. The Devil is in the details!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

willmatt

Occasional Visitor
I am moving to an apartment where it appears that installing a MoCA network will be the best solution for connecting broadband service to the various rooms. I have done considerable research and have been unable to get an answer to the following questions related to the Actiontech ECB2500C MoCA adapter:

1. The ECB2500C adapter has two coaxial connectors. Is there an internal MoCA filter between the ECB2500C network connector and the TV connector?
  2. Is it necessary to load the ECB2500C configuration software into the computer attempting to read adapter status. Must the user place the adapter in the configuration mode in order to read the adapter status, or can the adapter status be read while in the "RUN" mode?
  3. The cable company uses MoCA to distribute the signal from their whole house DVR to slave STB's. If an ECB2500C is connected to the network and the MoCA tab is selected on the configuration application the ECB2500C displays a screen that shows the "LAST OPERATING FREQUENCY". If after the cable company installs a whole house DVR a ECB2500C is connected to the Coaxial Cable, will the frequency being used by the DVR be shown as the last operating frequency on the MoCA tab?
  4. Would there be a conflict if the cable companies DVR system is set to operate on one MoCA channel and my MoCA network is assigned to a different MoCA channel? One adapter instruction manual I have read states that the MoCA adapter will, if in the scan mode, automatically join an existing cable company MoCA network. Would anyone reading this thread give me a heads up as to why it would be an advantage for my MoCA network to share the cable companies MoCA network?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!