What's new

Diversion Is it possible to only use custom wildcard filters and remove all hosts filters?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dux

Occasional Visitor
I attempted to exclusively use just a small number of custom wildcard blockers, however uiDivStats still shows blocking by hosts lists.

I started with the minimal list, in Diversion terminal menu, Blocking list options -> Change composition -> Customizable hosts lists, I deleted the single list, this is now blank, see:
Screen Shot 2023-06-20 at 9.59.03 PM.png

The Diversion header shows 0 hosts files:
Screen Shot 2023-06-20 at 9.57.35 PM.png

Leaving, as far as I understand, just my 19 custom wildcard filters, no blacklist entries or any hosts files, see Asus Diversion gui:
Screen Shot 2023-06-21 at 12.25.01 AM.png

The reason I am asking this is that contrary to this, uiDivStats in the Asus gui shows domains currently being blocked by blocking lists which are not covered by any of the 19 wildcard filters, see eg:
Screen Shot 2023-06-20 at 10.05.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-20 at 10.02.37 PM.png

I haven't used any of the predefined hosts lists or any regular blacklist filters in months and none of my 19 wildcard blacklist entries should block these examples.

Did I overlook something? Or is there some base level of filtering I can't eliminate? Or am I just misreading uiDivStats?

Thank you kindly.

As unusual as your use of Diversion is, it still does its job, apparently. UiDivStats is not my script and I‘m sure its a cosmetic matter. Diversion works, that’s what counts.

Thank you for your reply! Yes, Diversion does seem to be working properly.

Following up, in the Diversion terminal menu some of my custom wild card blacklist entries are appended with #(forced entry) which I believe indicates overlap with a hosts list, however, all hosts lists here should have been removed/disabled as mentioned previously. see:
Screen Shot 2023-06-21 at 10.26.03 PM.png

Also, the terminal logs also indicate that blocking is being done by both wc-blacklists and blockinglists. see:
Screen Shot 2023-06-21 at 10.23.38 PM.png

If this is just another cosmetic issue or artifact, then no worries. I'm using Diversion to filter content from streaming devices using narrowly targeted wildcard filters. I'm avoiding generic blocking lists as they tend to cause intermittent breakage of content from on some channels while letting unwanted content through on others.

Again thank you for your response and this great project.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-06-21 at 10.23.38 PM.png
    78.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Screen Shot 2023-06-21 at 10.23.38 PM.png
    78.6 KB · Views: 30

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!