What's new

Is there a way to only stop the second wan interface?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ComputerSteve

I do not want to stop both Wans! I tried service stop_wan.. Which does indeed that. I only want to stop wan1 which is eth4. I would also like to know is there a terminal command to release the ip of wan1. See the problem i'm having is this. I want Wan1 or eth4 to release its ip after Wan0 comes back online and not hold the ip. So I want Wan1 to go back to cold-standby as asus puts it. If anyone has suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

You may try the following (maybe just the second command is enough):
Code:
nvram set wan1_enable=0
service "stop_wan_if 1"

You may try the following (maybe just the second command is enough):
Code:
nvram set wan1_enable=0
service "stop_wan_if 1"
so I tried it but I want to stop wan1 if its in state 2 while wan0 is also in that same exact state or in other words what Asus calls Hotstandby ... I tried this service stop_wan1_if 2 and it outputs Usage: service <action_service>. ... The issue is I want wan1 to go into state 2 when it needs to. Meaning when wan0 is in state 3 or disconnected.

Oh, let me clarify: for the service stop command provided above, "if" actually means "interface". So, for example, to stop wan0, use service "stop_wan_if 0". And to stop wan1, use service "stop_wan_if 1".

To achieve what you are looking for, I believe you need a certain IF-ELSE-FI logic to execute the service "stop_wan_if 1" command under specific wan state values.

I hope this helps!

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!