What's new

Is there any way to set additional Dropbear startup options?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Weblee2407

Regular Contributor
I have noticed a couple of issues with the SSH service Dropbear on my GT-AX6000
The ssh session doesn't time out, AND I have had sessions on my Ubuntu, Windows laptop, iPad and iPhone all at once without any grumbling. (apps for iStuff are using keep alive)

I was running TOP for another issue and saw the dropbear init string (if that's what it's called) -
it uses the -s (disable password logins) -j (disable local port forwarding) -k (disable remote port forwarding) options

Didn't find a session count limit option, "chicken and the egg" type of question but how could I possibly add -I idle_timeout

dropbearParams.GIF

Post in thread 'Replace Dropbear SSH with OpenSSH.'
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/replace-dropbear-ssh-with-openssh.84590/post-835778

Found this which gives me an idea - maybe a cron job to start dropbear with an idle timeout after I kill the primary process

dropbear help confirms the default is no timeout. Can’t figure out how the FW does timeouts.

is anyone on this revision getting timed out per the sssh screen setting?

Ahhhhh! Thanks...
Sooooo - Im looking at another reset to see if it works then...

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!