What's new

LaCie Ethernet Disk mini V2: Refreshed and Ready to Rumble

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

A

Alpana

i have set up ethernet mini disk in the network but it will allow to browse from any other vlan excepts its own....

any one knows how to bypass that error or resolve it

Compatible with Western Digital WD HD TV?

Hi, Very good review!

The following part on your review, means that an Unit like the Western Digital WD HD TV media player WON'T recognize this HDD as a regular USB Drive, since it's managed as a network drive on the Network Connections folder and no on My Computer?
Thanks
Lucho

One of the original Edmini's claims to fame is that it can be used as either a NAS or as an external USB drive and the V2 retains that feature. However, the V2 kicks it up a notch and now supports connection to both interfaces simultaneously. Note that this doesn't mean that you can combine the USB and Ethernet connections to get higher performance—only one data path per client is supported.
To accomplish this trick, LaCie runs an IP network connection over USB. This, plus changing the internal drive filesystem to XFS eliminates the need to reformat the drive to the FAT32 filesystem if you want to use it as an external USB drive. So once you connect the V2 via USB, you'll find it in Network Connections, not My Computer.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!