What's new

Like the new site!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
Tim Higgins, just a comment on the new forums.

Very modern and clean.

Thank you!

Noticed that the likes seem to be reset to zero for everyone. The total posts seems about right and the points are zero too. Did we have points before?

Will the likes issue be addressed?

And of course, a minute later, there is this when I go to the forums:

Welcome To The New SmallNetBuilder Forums

We changed Forum software, so you'll notice a few differences.

• The "Thanks" system has been replaced by "Likes". Thanks from the old system were not changed into Likes.
  • Users with zero posts and who hadn't logged in for at least a year have been deleted.
  • The new Forums use "Responsive" design. It should be usable on any size screen
We hope you like the improvements. Use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page to report problems.

It's all good! :)

Sorry about the likes not making the transition. The likes system was a VBulletin add-on and not handled by the Xenforo import tool.

Very modern and clean forum. I like very much :) ;)

Tim Higgins, just a comment on the new forums.

Very modern and clean.

Thank you!

Ditto. I am still acclimating but I am impressed with almost everything. Smooth transition too, more or less.

Thanks Tim!

Thanks! looks very clean and nice

Great makeover. Very nice and clean format. I like the search function as well, and the fact that if you select "reply" to a particular message it automatically quotes the text to which you're replying.

No more "Last Page" selection. Now just clicking on the last numbered page above takes you to the last page. Very nice that you can also go to the "First unread" within a thread. Makes it easy to pick up where you left off.

Very nice. Thanks so much for making this great resource available.

can't go directly to latest post in any mobile web browser, WP or android

tapatalk?

I was wondering about Tapatalk as well. Do you no longer support this now the forum has a responsive design?

BTW: did the domain of the forum change to snbforums.com? If so, I have to update my password manager...

Yes definitely improved and glad it's using a responsive design too. A lot better for mobile devices now! Nice fresh easy to read and use. Well done.

I was expecting vBulletin 4.x, so this was a pleasant surprise. I've been used to XenForo on LinsysInfo in the past, and it's definitely a much more modern (albeit a bit over the top in the Ajax department IMHO) platform than phpBB/vBulletin and all the other clones.

Migration went pretty well, the Thanks count being the only visible thing that couldn't be migrated. That will give everyone a chance to catch up with me :p

(and, I'm Part of the Furniture? LOL :) )

True, the new site does not work with Tapatalk.

TapTalk does support XenForo, so it's just a matter of time for Tim to get around to adding/enabling it. Best to focus on the core functionality when you go through such a major migration, before starting to add a new layer on top of it.

Looks great.

R9kEVmE.jpg
fd3vvjY.jpg

whoo, latest post for a given thread is working for me again on Windows Phone. Not so much with the Stock or Next android browsers, though. My only other complaint is that the font size is a size or so too large. Aside from that, navigation on mobile is quite improved

[edit/]

I noticed that the 'last post' function of a given thread doesn't work in PC Internet Explorer on the desktop or in metro. no problem with firefox, though

Last edited:
whoo, latest post for a given thread is working for me again on Windows Phone. Not so much with the Stock or Next android browsers, though. My only other complaint is that the font size is a size or so too large. Aside from that, navigation on mobile is quite improved

[edit/]

I noticed that the 'last post' function of a given thread doesn't work in PC Internet Explorer on the desktop or in metro. no problem with firefox, though

Font size looks normal here. The only thing with a larger font size was the announcement at the top, and you can dismiss the announcement once you've seen it by clicking on the X in the top right corner.

Only thing I have noticed is that the ad at the top of the page is not responsive and messes slightly with the mobile page. It also loads after the page which sometimes screws with auto-scrolling to latest unread post.