What's new

Looking to add wireless access point

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Good to hear. The nice thing is Omada is fully modular, so you can add and mix types of APs on an as-needed basis, also add an OC200 controller later on if you ever find it not to be convenient or reliable enough on your PC.

If you have standard business hours you may not need a PC running controller software on 24/7. You could turn it off in the evening and let it run that way so you save electricity for most of the day. You would still have wireless just not the controller features at night.

I run the Cisco small business wireless APs like the WAP581 which have the controller software built in no need to run a controller.

ok one thing I cannot figure out - even with the new eap's my upstairs gets really lousy signal.

so the eap is on the ceiling of the closet of bedroom 2. Now where it looks like there is a 2 story family room is actually my daughter's bedroom. And she has an echo next to her bed that is still getting lousy signal. Bedroom 3 has the same issue. Strangely, Master Bedroom actually gets pretty good signal.

4ksCjpbl.jpg

You may need to move the AP until you find a good signal every where you need it. The other option is to add another AP if you can't come with a solution. I would first figure out why the close bedroom2 and bedroom3 is giving you trouble. Maybe you can add a switch to where the closet AP is and drape a cable or two to move the AP around. You may not need to move it far. I do not like closets for wireless.

i would put the AP at the head of the stairs centered on the door to BR 2. That way you have about 1 meter of space around the AP and only one wall/door to pass through to each room.

i would put the AP at the head of the stairs centered on the door to BR 2. That way you have about 1 meter of space around the AP and only one wall/door to pass through to each room.

I like this idea. The only thing is bedroom three with the way the bed is the wireless will need to pass through the closet which is not working.

Or maybe above the door of bedroom 3. The problem with this setup is the master bedroom may have a weaker signal. He really needs to test to figure what he is happy with.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!