What's new

Looking to replace AX-82u, need advice!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Cranjis Mcbasketball

New Around Here
Hi, I currently am on my 2nd AX-82 after the first one just died and the new one refuses to update and drops packets. I wanted to get something possibly better.
Currently these are the devices that are used on it:
  • 2 Phones
  • 2 PCs
  • Nintendo Switch
I do a lot of heavy gaming so I need something that will give a smooth experience without throttling, and something that doesn't use a phone to set up; I prefer something web-based for setting up my routers.
Budget is about $250

I greatly appreciate any help.

Most folks around will recommend you GT-AX6000 or RT-AX88U Pro models.

Both are very similar hardware, both Asuswrt-Merlin supported, GT is the "gaming version", RT is the newer "normal version". 🧐

Most folks around will recommend you GT-AX6000 or RT-AX88U Pro models.

Both are very similar hardware, both Asuswrt-Merlin supported, GT is the "gaming version", RT is the newer "normal version". 🧐
Thanks for the reply. I was going to ask about Merlin next haha! Sounds good then, thank you!

If you don't need 2x 2.5GbE ports - more compact size model with similar hardware inside is RT-AX86U Pro.

Also popular around and also Asuswrt-Merlin supported. Usually can be found cheaper too. You're welcome.

If you don't need 2x 2.5GbE ports - more compact size model with similar hardware inside is RT-AX86U Pro.

Also popular around and also Asuswrt-Merlin supported. Usually can be found cheaper too. You're welcome.
Oh okay. Yeah I ended up ordering the AX88U Pro, I don't want to deal with those gamer-y functions in the BIOS lol and it's on sale. Thanks again!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!