What's new

Looking to buy a 4-bay NAS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

schkeb

New Around Here
My old Dlink DNS-323 is nearing the end of its life, and I'm in the market for a four drive NAS. I see most seem to be asking about Synology DS411+ II or one of the Qnap ones.

However, reading up on the charts and features of the different NAS devices, the Thecus N4200PRO looks very appealing to me, especially since where I live I can get it cheaper than either the Synology or Qnap models.

I would like some thoughts and advice on the Thecus N4200PRO, please?

My old Dlink DNS-323 is nearing the end of its life, and I'm in the market for a four drive NAS. I see most seem to be asking about Synology DS411+ II or one of the Qnap ones.

However, reading up on the charts and features of the different NAS devices, the Thecus N4200PRO looks very appealing to me, especially since where I live I can get it cheaper than either the Synology or Qnap models.

I would like some thoughts and advice on the Thecus N4200PRO, please?

The main knock against the Thecus products seems to be a relatively low level of support from the company. They simply don't offer the level of support that the other big players do.

Of course if you don't need tech support, then that's not really a problem, but if you do...

Their user interface has been updated, but I'm not sure that it's as easy to use as the Synology or Qnap. Synology and Thecus do offer online "test drives" for the user interfaces. Qnap doesn't seem to that I could quickly find at least.

Their user interface has been updated, but I'm not sure that it's as easy to use as the Synology or Qnap. Synology and Thecus do offer online "test drives" for the user interfaces. Qnap doesn't seem to that I could quickly find at least.

Goggling "QNap Live Demo" might help. Led me here.

I'm a Thecus fan, good stuff, fast. But their UI is not nearly as polished as QNap or Synology - which lotta folks find a major knock.

Thanks for the replies. I see all three offer packages/modules for extra features. Do any of the makes seem to have more of a "vibrant" community for creating new modules?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!